Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[XY] How to EV Train with Hordes
The way to EV train with hordes is very simple! Probably the easiest way to EV train. There are requirements though. You must get all the power items from the Battle Maison or atleast the power items for the specific stat you want to EV train in. Next you want a pokemon with sweet scent for hordes. I also recommend to have a pokemon with a spread move such as earthquake (I use Charizard cause it also learns Fly) and an experience share. Now you are ready! Equip the pokemon you want to EV train its correct power item to the stat you wanna EV. Another thing that isnt required but that is very useful is PokeRus, if you can get it on the pokemon you wanna EV train, things will go a lot faster. Now Fly over to the right pokemon for the stat you need and kill their horde! The following pokemon are the ones i use for EV training.

HP EVs - Gulpin on Route 5
Attack EVs - Weepinbell on Route 19
Defense EVs - Geodude on Route 18
Special Attack EVs - Spinda on Route 21
Special Defense EVs - Hoppip on Route 7
Speed EVs - Murkrow on Route 16

Have fun with your fast EV training! Btw, when its raining on these locations you can try other pokemon with the same stat EV on this page http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/a-g...s.3490052/ .
this is awesome Sinslasher thanks for posting!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Oct 5, 2014, 05:07 PM)Sinslasher2 Wrote: The way to EV train with hordes is very simple! Probably the easiest way to EV train. There are requirements though. You must get all the power items from the Battle Maison or atleast the power items for the specific stat you want to EV train in. Next you want a pokemon with sweet scent for hordes. I also recommend to have a pokemon with a spread move such as earthquake (I use Charizard cause it also learns Fly) and an experience share. Now you are ready! Equip the pokemon you want to EV train its correct power item to the stat you wanna EV. Another thing that isnt required but that is very useful is PokeRus, if you can get it on the pokemon you wanna EV train, things will go a lot faster. Now Fly over to the right pokemon for the stat you need and kill their horde! The following pokemon are the ones i use for EV training.

HP EVs - Gulpin on Route 5
Attack EVs - Weepinbell on Route 19
Defense EVs - Geodude on Route 18
Special Attack EVs - Spinda on Route 21
Special Defense EVs - Hoppip on Route 7
Speed EVs - Murkrow on Route 16

Have fun with your fast EV training! Btw, when its raining on these locations you can try other pokemon with the same stat EV on this page http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/a-g...s.3490052/ .

This is great!
Other places I go are:

Defense EVs - Geodude and Durant in Terminus Cave (Durant gives you 2 EVs each, so base 10 per horde!)
Special Attack EVs - Vanillite in the Frost Cavern
Special Defense EVs - Mime Jr. in the Reflection Cave

I like these spots because it never rains in the caves, so you're guaranteed to get the hordes you want, when you want them. tjfRekt
Great post! In a horde each poke you faint when you have:

-No Power item & no Pokerus will give you 1ev = 5 total
-Pokerus & no power item will give you 2ev = 10 total
-Power Item & no Pokerus will give you 5ev = 25 total
-Pokerus + power item will give you 10ev = 50 total.

This will help when you have an EV spread that is not 252, 252, 4
sinslasher this will be super helpful when ORAS comes out. Can you make another one then?
Sinslasher does know what he's talking about. Good job with the tutorial here for Hordes
Thanks for this again btw really useful when all my norm spots have rain...
Tropius is amazing for this. It gets Sweet Scent, Fly, Earthquake, and Razor Leaf (to hit those immune to ground moves).