Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

does any1 else HATE shinyies????
Magicall Mops first if did you said kid????   Dodgy Angry  because ill let u no im thirteen (and mature 4 my age too!!!) and even if i was a kid at least i had a good grade yesterday in maths whil you probablly work at mcdonalds you burgerflipper!!!!  Angry
Well, my apologies sir...
Lol i'm just going to slowly back away and pretend i was never in this conversation...
My counters:
1 - the sheer rarity of a shiny is what people use them for, not anything else. It's like a connoisseur showing off a bookcase of collectibles
2 - SRs do work. They don't increase chances to acquire shinies, but they do allow for one-encounter-only Pokemon to be encountered time and again for a shiny. Furthermore, some Pokemon are - in certain circumstances - shiny locked, meaning that getting them shiny is impossible in that circumstance
3 - of course they do. But guess what - people hack the game for a multitude of other purposes as well. Illegal Pokemon, perfect IVs without breeding, acquiring Pokemon from long-dead events, etc.
4 - and thus is the GTS, a place where people put up hordes of Zigzagoon in hopes that they'll one day get a Hoopa
5 - some certainly do look awful, I'll attest to that. Some, however, look amazing
6 - that sparkle is in some ways a great game design element. Why? 
  • Back in the days of gen II, the premier of shinies, some players used regular grayscale (which by the power of technology became green) Gameboys, which meant that there was no way of knowing if they got a shiny. The sparkle was the grayscale version of the alternate color
  • In case a live opponent has never seen a gievn Pokemon (for whatever reason), the sparkle (assuming they know or can deduce its significance of specialty) notifies them that most Pokemon of this species do not look like this

This brings me to shiny hunting. If someone's bored of their game, hunting for shinies can be a great way to add replay value to a Pokemon game, Plus, the shiny market is - due to rarity and selfishness - a permanent market, so you could use shiny collections to acquire that aforementioned Hoopa, rather than putting up a Zigzagoon
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
ok well u guys are dummies or what???? verlisify tolld me that shinyies are hacked because THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE REAL GAMEPLAY!!!!! thats why i don't play battle spot too many hackers like you all shinyies HACKERS!!!!  Dodgy Dodgy Angry Angry
and no magical mops you are being very rude and inpolite!!!!!! it is so UNPROFESSIONAL to come in here and insult me IN MY OWN THREAD!!!!!!!!!! dont pretend it didnt happen, bc it did happen and it is happening right now. dont pretend anything okay we all know who is being rude here and it is not me. just bc these are my opinions dose not mean that i am wrong, we all know that i am right so dont pretend anything any more. THIS IS SERIOUS OKAY...
(Sep 30, 2016, 02:45 PM)AlolaDonphan2998 Wrote: ok well u guys are dummies or what???? verlisify tolld me that shinyies are hacked because THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE REAL GAMEPLAY!!!!! thats why i don't play battle spot too many hackers like you all shinyies HACKERS!!!!  Dodgy Dodgy Angry Angry

They are part of the real gameplay. I can prove it myself with my 100% legitimate, acquired-in-game shiny Beldum and Luvdisc which I got using proven methods. Some shinies are hacked, sure - I have plenty of those - but that doesn't defaultly make them not part of the game. Also, please link me to the Verlis source so that I can roast him in the comments of his video
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
well i dont believe you bc for all i kno ur lying...
Hi, yes um well your being extremely rude and cruel to those of us who like shinies not matter how. Of course I do shiny breed and have acquired shinies that way so yes you can get them. Also, please this is a friendly thread do not be mean or rude to others. If you have different opinions then that is fine but to fight about them is kinda dumb. Also, if you are going to post a legitimate thread and someone said they had a hard time reading it maybe you should go back and fix it? I did have a hard time reading all of the obreviations in the thread.
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku