Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Snorlax's Tricky Room
Hi, this is my first RMT on this site. It is a trick room team based around putting cresselia next to mega camerupt and AV snorlax in battle spot doubles. Not sure if i am 100% happy with the team yet but i am getting closer to where i want to be. This is the current iteration:

Belly (Snorlax) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Crunch

My Bestest friend in the whole world. Great under trick room and body slam plows through most things nicely. Earthquake is great for steel and rock types and it wont hit cresselia either. chose assault vest to take extra punishment due to being in doubles

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Yawn

My mega of choice. This camel loves sitting next to cresselia too. protect gets trick room up safely and stab moves hit like trucks. I like running yawn because i dont want to run HPs. however, breeding-in ancient power could be beneficial.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpA
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast

The main support and TR setter. Cresselia is nice and bulky and is a great trick room setter. helping hand really helps snorlax and mega camerupt shine but it can also help remove threats with moonblast and ice beam which give it nice coverage. I can never settle on an EV spread but i think this one is my main preference as it gives a good amount of survivability and helps give the coverage moves a bit more sting

Shiny Fetus (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

I love this guy. I caught a shiny one in friend safari ages ago and kept using him. trick room isnt always guaranteed like cresselia, but he provides a MUCH more offensive option and some much needed special offensive coverage. life orb works wonders with magic guard as it boosts damage while taking no residual health per turn. I dont think i would ever run trick room without the little squishy dude

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

I have used Azumarill before and liked him, but i didnt really want him on my team. However, i never see a trick room team without him these days. Aqua jet gives priority and with waterfall, it has good typing for this team. With choice band he gives a wallop.

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard
- Drain Punch
- Taunt

This was a last minute addition as i saw it elsewhere and fancied it. I initially wanted meowstic for quick guard (i like having a prankster on my trick room teams) but i could bring myself to put yet another psychic type on here. then i saw this set. fake out is just glorious when using hard hitting pokemon like mega camerupt, azumarill and snorlax, as they can all take a hit 1v1. quick guard helps me against other fake out users and is great to counter those pesky priority users who like to ignore trick room all together.

Thanks if you took the time to read this. I would appreciate any comments. I am still changing this team a lot so i am definitely up for suggestions.
What if I told you that the Scrafty isn't only unnecessary but it hinders your team with its Fairy and Flying weaknesses.

Your Snorlax is good and all but if it gets burnt it can't do anything else from there since it has no recovery moves and its attack stat, being cut in half, makes it dead weight. I recommend a set like this

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
Level: 50
EVs: 164 HP / 220 Atk / 76 Def / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
- Facade
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

An EV spread like this allows you to survive attacks that you could not with your other EV spread while dishing out decent hits. You can't deny the amount of type coverage in this set as it covers the main threats in VGC.

By the way, running Body Slam on a Pokemon being used in Trick Room isn't advised because if the opponent gets paralyzed, they will be "faster" than you.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Rock Slide

I just believed that it would make sense to have maximum coverage with your mega because without a Rock move, you can't hit Charizard, Gyarados, Salamence etc. for even neutral damage.

Run Cresselia with a Mental Herb because one Taunt means that you don't get to set up Trick Room and this is vital for your team to function.

This is the point where I drew a line and thought that some of these team members need to go. They don't contribute to the synergy of the core so you will find yourself either reluctant to use them or that they don't contribute much unless it is in a clutch situation.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 164 Def / 148 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 148 SpA / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 84 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

These Pokemon work better for your team. Clefable draws Bisharp away to prevent Cresselia from taking damage and also draws away moves such as Leech Seed, Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave which may mess with your team and it is a decent bulky special attacker to boot. Rotom is really here just to check Talonflame and absorb hits but Ferrothorn......Ferrothorn destroys the thing that threatens your team the most, a rain Team. This is crucial because a Rain team practically stops your mega evolution in its tracks. Great Pokemon to use because of how much damage the attacker takes from Iron Barbs Rocky Helmet if they make contact and it absorbs a few special attacks such as Sylveon's Hyper Voice really well.
[Insert signature here]
(Mar 4, 2015, 07:12 PM)Marcusube Wrote: What if I told you that the Scrafty isn't only unnecessary but it hinders your team with its Fairy and Flying weaknesses.

Your Snorlax is good and all but if it gets burnt it can't do anything else from there since it has no recovery moves and its attack stat, being cut in half, makes it dead weight. I recommend a set like this

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
EVs: 164 HP / 220 Atk / 76 Def / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
- Facade
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

An EV spread like this allows you to survive attacks that you could not with your other EV spread while dishing out decent hits. You can't deny the amount of type coverage in this set as it covers the main threats in VGC.

By the way, running Body Slam on a Pokemon being used in Trick Room isn't advised because if the opponent gets paralyzed, they will be "faster" than you.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Rock Slide

I just believed that it would make sense to have maximum coverage with your mega because without a Rock move, you can't hit Charizard, Gyarados, Salamence etc. for even neutral damage.

Run Cresselia with a Mental Herb because one Taunt means that you don't get to set up Trick Room and this is vital for your team to function.

This is the point where I drew a line and thought that some of these team members need to go. They don't contribute to the synergy of the core so you will find yourself either reluctant to use them or that they don't contribute much unless it is in a clutch situation.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 164 Def / 148 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 148 SpA / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 84 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

These Pokemon work better for your team. Clefable draws Bisharp away to prevent Cresselia from taking damage and also draws away moves such as Leech Seed, Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave which may mess with your team and it is a decent bulky special attacker to boot. Rotom is really here just to check Talonflame and absorb hits but Ferrothorn......Ferrothorn destroys the thing that threatens your team the most, a rain Team. This is crucial because a Rain team practically stops your mega evolution in its tracks. Great Pokemon to use because of how much damage the attacker takes from Iron Barbs Rocky Helmet if they make contact and it absorbs a few special attacks such as Sylveon's Hyper Voice really well.

Thanks for replying. I agree with you on quite a few points. i thought about facade on snorlax for a while but you make a strong point about it being preferable over body slam. honestly the paralysis was something i overlooked gravely. i also like brick break (the ability to break screens is a big advantage for my team. as well as the ko potential on t-tar etc)

On camerupt, you pretty much answered my thought on adding ancient power indisputably.

I apreciate your comments on scrafty. i honestly needed the guidance on him as i have never run the set and haven't had much thought on it to balance him into a team before.

Ferrothorn is in the team already. i noticed the rain weakness pretty much as soon as i posted. Though, your comment still helps because i had not yet thought how to pair up the new typings (definitely will considr clefable)

In all, i appreciate your opinion greatly, especially regarding snorlax and scrafty. Thanks
No problem dude, anytime Smile
[Insert signature here]