Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

question for shiny breeders
Whats your average for egg hatches? I have the shiny charm and im on my 7th box of hatchlings? just curious? any tips?
The amount of pokemon it takes varies depending on how lucky you are and a tip (which might seem obvious if you are already using it) is to use hatching o-powers and get other people to also use them on you along with a flamebody or magma armor pokemonin your party to speed up hatching
Luck is luck, even if there is a 85% chance of getting a shiny you can still get 0 shiny pokes from 5 boxes, as eatch hatching is a "roll" on it's own.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
i always release mine right away to avoid clutter, but i find that my average amount of encounters (found in the pokedex, at least in oras) is somewhere around the 250 area. i also recommend finding something to watch/listen to while you hatch eggs, like a podcast or a tv show, just so you're not bored out of your mind completely focused on hatching eggs. also, probably obvious, but make sure you're using the masuda method and flame body/magma armor for that extra boost
(Oct 8, 2015, 07:12 PM)Nezha Wrote: i always release mine right away to avoid clutter, but i find that my average amount of encounters (found in the pokedex, at least in oras) is somewhere around the 250 area. i also recommend finding something to watch/listen to while you hatch eggs, like a podcast or a tv show, just so you're not bored out of your mind completely focused on hatching eggs. also, probably obvious, but make sure you're using the masuda method and flame body/magma armor for that extra boost

This, so much this, watch a show, personally i watch CS;GO matches while im breeding ,or listen to some of richard lewis pod-casts.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
I got more Shinys with the new feature of ORAS, than with breeding. From old generations the shiny chance has improved sharply.
Well if your doing mesuda method then the odds are 1btqw and 7 full boxs would only be 210 so don't give up you will get it eventually
It's all about luck. I for instance have been ridiculously lucky, it's not even worth mentioning.

I second Nezha here; do other things while you are hatching. Hatching eggs is such a no-brainer that watching your favourite show or YouTuber or whatever should kill time and make the process smoother (and less frustrating).
It's very luck based, my first shiny was a shuckle that took me around 700 eggs, my second one was a fennekin that took me 59 eggs, my third one was a honedge that took me ~540 eggs. Its pretty variant, just keep going and dont give up on your shiny!