Pokemon Forever
What was your first shiny? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: General Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: What was your first shiny? (/Thread-What-was-your-first-shiny)

Pages: 1 2

RE: What was your first shiny? - devilmoth - May 4, 2016

I have tried chain fishing a couple times, but I honestly don't care enough about any pokemon you fish for to really devote time to it. Even though radar chaining and the masuda method are slower, I like the potential results better.
(May 3, 2016, 09:23 PM)Davizz Wrote: Try chain fishing and make sure you have a Pokemon with the ability suction cups. My first shiny was a Feebas I caught while chain fishing, it appeared after 18 tries!

RE: What was your first shiny? - Sharkfang2193 - May 4, 2016

First shiny was in soul silver random encounter Shiny nidoking and in platinum I ran away from a random encounter Shiny machop I didn't know about shinies at the time

RE: What was your first shiny? - DeepSeaKeo - May 4, 2016

Mine was a shiny luvdisk in pokemon Y (it's so cute!) I named it lumi :D

RE: What was your first shiny? - wundrweapon - May 4, 2016

I don't remember what my first shiny was, but I do know that my first legitimate shiny was a Luvdisc that I caught by accidentally chain fishing in a 100% bite spot. I threw a quick ball and, to make the odds even cooler, got a critical capture with only a 0.5x multiplier

EDIT: @DeepSeaKeo ayy lmao we twins (only mine was OR)

RE: What was your first shiny? - xela1234 - May 7, 2016

First shiny was a Rattata in SoulSilver I caught ages ago. Alicia's made it all the way to my Pokémon Bank. .3.

RE: What was your first shiny? - Marcusube - May 8, 2016

My first shiny was my Mareep that I found in a horde battle while EV training in XY :P

RE: What was your first shiny? - devilmoth - May 8, 2016

I had to end my original post, because I am now the owner of a legitamately obtained Shiny Rapidash!

RE: What was your first shiny? - Lythania - May 8, 2016

Oh wow, interesting question, um.. Oh man it's been a while. Back when I was a young scrub and had no idea what a shiny was, I accidentally nuked a shiny in the Bug Catching Contest in Pokemon Silver. I can't remember exactly what pokemon it was. Think it might've been a Caterpie. I only figured out what a shiny was sometime afterwards, I was so upset when I realized. XD (You knew better than I did @Aqwell hahahah.)

As for the first one I ever actually obtained.. I'm not sure, it might've been the Red Gyarados from Silver, but that one wouldn't really count since it was part of an event.

I don't think I've ever legitimately gotten one on my own via wild pokemon or breeding but I hope to change that soon. I have my shiny charm and oval charm, and unlike my previous tentative attempts at breeding, I'm getting serious about it now. #ShinyCharmFTW! Currently working towards a Moon Ball Gastly, with a competitive moveset for Gengar. :D

Congratulations on your shiny Rapidash, @devilmoth! Shiny Rapidash looks awesome. :D

Edit: *Weeps* Well, I was grinding levels for my Gastly in Sky Pillar.. And I totally tripped over a Shiny Sableye, totally in the wild. (Well sort of. I randomly decided to sneak up on a DexNav pokemon.) Problem is, I couldn't catch it when it was at full health (even though I tried), and a simple Peck made it drop dead. I really did try to hit it with my weakest attack. ; ; RIP Sableye, rofl. Talk about timing!

RE: What was your first shiny? - Johnnyspyguy - May 9, 2016

@DeepSeaKeo what are the odds? I caught a shiny Luvdisc in Y too! Except I named mine Gumdrop

RE: What was your first shiny? - pandagarou - May 11, 2016

My first shiny was a totally random encounter in Diamond I think.
I was trying to chain Nincada in Eterna Forest and failed, was about to leave and a shiny male Buneary appeared.
I nicknamed it Cotoncandy (sic)... and boxed it forever.

(May 8, 2016, 11:14 PM)Lythania Wrote: Edit: *Weeps* Well, I was grinding levels for my Gastly in Sky Pillar.. And I totally tripped over a Shiny Sableye, totally in the wild. (Well sort of. I randomly decided to sneak up on a DexNav pokemon.) Problem is, I couldn't catch it when it was at full health (even though I tried), and a simple Peck made it drop dead. I really did try to hit it with my weakest attack. ; ; RIP Sableye, rofl. Talk about timing!

I feel for you.