Pokemon Forever
[RATE MY TEAM] VGC 2015 evils team 1 - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: [RATE MY TEAM] VGC 2015 evils team 1 (/Thread-RATE-MY-TEAM-VGC-2015-evils-team-1)

Pages: 1 2

VGC 2015 evils team 1 - evilsabre - Dec 17, 2014

Hey guys my 1st attempt at a VGC 2015 team most of the building was done pre rule release but i'm thinking about scraping this team altogether but since i have already bred it anyone want to attempt to find reason why i should save it XD Also Eeveeli after seeing this you may realise what avs was :P

[Image: lopunny.png]
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Protect
- Drain Punch
- Facade

My mega, facade helps deal with likely burns/paralyses that are likely to be running around and encore can trap foes in protect. Bit of a gimicky build but i was having fun XD The whole point of this build is bait a protect since people assume fake out then encore it and start laying the hurt down on the pokemon.

[Image: garchomp-f.png]

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Pretty much just a standard garchomp cuz i like garchomp. Also helps deal with thunderous who otherwise can cripple various members of the team.

[Image: milotic-f.png]

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Haze

I like milotic haze clears setup pokes etc and scald and ice beam heavily threaten many pokemon in the meta also competitive allows intimidate teams to get countered pretty hard. Pretty much an insane counter to landerous since intimidate boosts milotic into scary damage point and not many pokes want to enter a possible scald in case of the burn especially when its +2.

[Image: skarmory.png]

Skarmory @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 208 HP / 200 Atk / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Night Slash
- Drill Peck
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

somewhat of a hilarious idea i had 1 night since everyone knows skarmory is a defensive wall why not give it a tonne of sdef and att and hit back hard for a surprise, no clue how it could work but it sounded hilarious in my head :D

[Image: venusaur-f.png]

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 200 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpA / 52 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

My way of dealing with mega swampert + hits fairy types for 6 while not having a fighting weakness to the drain punches from slurpuff for example. Outside of this it serves as a rather bulky pokemon that has the potential to outspeed and score kos vs unsuspecting foes when in the sun.

[Image: ninetales.png]

Ninetales (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Drought
EVs: 212 HP / 80 Def / 160 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

lets venasaur get the sun for chlorophyll while hitting ferrothorn hard not really expecting to bring this in often but also can be used as a disrupter of the foes weather. Mostly here as a support rather than as a damage deal but still carries some offensive threat can live a water fall off M-swampert while in the sun and air balloon ensures it can come in on ground type moves should it need to such as when M - Swampert is around and the rain needs clearing for venasaur to go crazy. is the teams only real solid answer to ferrothorn.

Go ahead and rip it to pieces now guys :P
i hit post before i was done XD

RE: VGC 2015 evils team 1 - IceyGamer - Dec 17, 2014

Let me know when I should start on what I see and how I rate it.

RE: VGC 2015 evils team 1 - evilsabre - Dec 17, 2014

there you go icey my 1st horrific team XD

1st thing I see with this team is weakness to Ice. Garchomp, Skarmory, and Venasaur are all weak to Ice type moves. Drought does not weaken my Ice beam and thus allows me to OHKO Garchomp, 2HKO Venasaur (Maybe its a 3HKO) and then Assualt vest won't save you so another 2-3HKO on those pokemon alone. Because of this you need a fighting type to bust the Ice. Lopunny is the answer here. The problem you face is Flying type because both Vena and Lopunny are weak to flying type moves. So lopunny switching into Skarmory with Rocky helmet instead of Assult vest makes more sense to me in this matter. Rocky helmet Garchomp can work vs Physical pokemon but with this new meta it doesn't work as well as it use to. Ninetales/Vena combo looks nice but seems very random for this team. Especially with Milotic on this. Milotic's STAB scald becomes weakened from drought leaving it with Ice beam as its only good damaging move until the sun fades. One big thing I see in your team is you don't have a solid fairy killer. You have Venasaur but it isn't a powerful solid killer. Neither is Skarmory. Skarmory would be the ideal set up man for you. But trying to force it tank something in Sp.Attack that it really can't is a killer. Also your Drought back fires onto it because I can use a now powered up Flamethrower on Skarmory and possibly OHKO it. The team is trained uniquely but the chemistry doesn't work to the point where it flows smoothly throughout.

surprisingly vs the rain teams unless the politoad is scarfed and i get a little unlucky venasaur will live mega swamperts ice punch then 1hko it or it can 1hko politoad with the giga drain which will let it survive the next shot comfortably if poli is scarfed it becomes alot riskier but its still survivable but requires luck since if swampert hits the max venasuars likely to drop. luckily i can protect turn 1 while swaping in ninetales to let me see speed and get the outspeed for a ko in the next round.

Vs other ice types i'm not likely to bring venasaur so i will have milotic to wall them while threatening burns and lopunny to pound them and since milotic carries ice beam it can threaten flying types v nicely Smile

The reason i'm likely to drop the team is the lack of taunt and a way to deal with status makes the team susceptible to creselia who was insanely popular in 2013 hence my decision to drop this squad since i lack a stab se hit for creselia

yea the chemistry's off as well ohh well that's always a problem for me since i don't like to use pokes i don't like XD didn't used to make such such a huge difference in singles but ik its gona hurt in doubles...

Ohh well hoping my other teams will look better to you than this one since i have pretty much decide to scarp this 1 for now XD

(Dec 17, 2014, 04:48 PM)evilsabre Wrote: surprisingly vs the rain teams unless the politoad is scarfed and i get a little unlucky venasaur will live mega swamperts ice punch then 1hko it or it can 1hko politoad with the giga drain which will let it survive the next shot comfortably if poli is scarfed it becomes alot riskier but its still survivable but requires luck since if swampert hits the max venasuars likely to drop. luckily i can protect turn 1 while swaping in ninetales to let  me see speed and get the outspeed for a ko in the next round.

Vs other ice types i'm not likely to bring venasaur so i will have milotic to wall them while threatening burns and lopunny to pound them and since milotic carries ice beam it can threaten flying types v nicely Smile

That combo Vena and Ninetales works and I don't disagree with that at all because I see it can work even before you telling me this experience. But here is the problem the team faces. Milotic can be scary barry but If I want the KO on Lopunny I'm STAB Brave birding it and you are up to guess that I switch out and don't have the guts to do so allowing me to get that KO. Or I have my Manetric out and I decide to Tbolt you twice and KO you before you are able to Scout my team and know I brought Tflame with me. I want to know what you think on making changes with Gchomps item and putting it on Skarmory if you even keep skarmory due to the fact that Drought actually helps me KO him.

the item change i'm hesitant with atm makes sense but avs is my baby and i don't want to kill it :P

otherwise i think the fact is i'm not experience in vgc my only doubles experience really is in game story only having never played a doubles format outside of there so i'm used to the switch heavy strategy of 6v6 singles which i'm now thinking doesn't transition well into 4v4 doubles..

RE: VGC 2015 evils team 1 - IceyGamer - Dec 18, 2014

(Dec 17, 2014, 05:01 PM)evilsabre Wrote: the item change i'm hesitant with atm makes sense but avs is my baby and i don't want to kill it :P

otherwise i think the fact is i'm not experience in vgc my only doubles experience really is in game story only having never played a doubles format outside of there so i'm used to the switch heavy strategy of 6v6 singles which i'm now thinking doesn't transition well into 4v4 doubles..

At times skills from singles transmit over but yes for the most part you need to practice in battle spot with it.

RE: VGC 2015 evils team 1 - Justin - Dec 18, 2014

(Dec 18, 2014, 01:44 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:
(Dec 17, 2014, 05:01 PM)evilsabre Wrote: the item change i'm hesitant with atm makes sense but avs is my baby and i don't want to kill it :P

At times skills from singles transmit over but yes for the most part you need to practice in battle spot with it.

Yeah, in pokemon I feel like things on paper seem great then you play and get roflstomped lol. Weaknesses you didn't think of will surprise you, but you'll find some strengths as well!

RE: VGC 2015 evils team 1 - IceyGamer - Dec 18, 2014

(Dec 18, 2014, 02:43 PM)Justin Wrote:
(Dec 18, 2014, 01:44 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:

Yeah, in pokemon I feel like things on paper seem great then you play and get roflstomped lol. Weaknesses you didn't think of will surprise you, but you'll find some strengths as well!

Great point right here from Justin. We all think of the pokemon that made a difference in play that we all remember but there are still pokemon that can be a game changer that we didn't prepare for at first.