Pokemon Forever
VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program (/Thread-VGC-Competitive-Battling-Mentorship-Program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Black117 - Aug 3, 2015

I would like to announce that I'll be mentoring in VGC 2015 / Battle Spot Doubles for Pokemon Forever now that I feel as I have a grasp of the format. For the time being I'll be taking in 1 person at a time but will expand to maybe 3 at max.

My time zone is (GMT: -8 ), or better known as the Pacific/West Coast time zone so please for anyone taking this mentor-ship program take that into consideration.

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - DeathofShadows1928 - Aug 9, 2015

Hey there! I'd love to take this opportunity for a mentor! I've got breeding down, and a pretty great grasp of teambuilding, yet I feel I still need help figuring out the finer points of Doubles in the VGC format, having been a single battler all my life.

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - mitchmaster24 - Aug 9, 2015

May I do a rate my team here? (OU) or just ask for singles advice in general? I've played VGC my whole career but the GBA and UCL got me into singles. I'm new to it though

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Black117 - Aug 10, 2015

(Aug 9, 2015, 11:17 PM)mitchmaster24 Wrote: May I do a rate my team here? (OU) or just ask for singles advice in general? I've played VGC my whole career but the GBA and UCL got me into singles. I'm new to it though

Well you can post in the competitive discussions a thread featuring a team you want use to review or just any anything regarding single battle in general. I think Rouge and naitre are probably the best two when it comes with anything Smogon related so I'd talk with them so feel free to PM them as well.

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Royal - Aug 10, 2015

I need a mentor lol. im pro at breeding but i SUCK in VGC kappa

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Ashelotte - Aug 11, 2015

Hi! I would like a mentor for VGC. I have played pokemon quite a bit, but really only got into online battling and IV breeding during X/Y. So, I have some experience, but I still need advice on the finer points of strategy and team building.
I would also like to note that I enjoy using the pokemon I like and still trying to make a good team with it and would like a mentor that understands that.

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - ForsakenM~ - Aug 14, 2015

I would love to be mentored on really anything and everything, although I think VGC is what is played in actual tournaments.

I've never dipped too much into competitive team building, and while I do 'okay' by my terms, I feel like I understand nothing about the meta and basics of competitive building, forget competitive battling. I have resources, but I'm not sure exactly how to use them or why, and I can guarantee that I don't use them to their full potential.

My TZ is CST, and I don't have my own computer right now, but I'm working on changing that ASAP!

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - SCf3 - Aug 14, 2015

Shoutouts to naitre for keeping this thread alive while I've been MIA, I'm slowly starting to get back into Pokemon/VGC and having more time for it, so I should be around more. :D

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - CooldRebellion - Aug 15, 2015

I am currently looking for someone who could teach me more about VGC. I have some knowledge of it but would love to become very good at the format so if anyone is wiling to mentor me i would appreiciate it a lot. I know a lot more about smogon tiers than i do about VGC so i hope that helps anyone of you amazing people gauge my skills.

I currently live in New York so my time zone is eastern standard time.

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - CdsDrums13 - Aug 16, 2015

Hi. I wanted to be mentored and I am not sure where to start. I want to learn VGC and I live in Pacific Standard Time. Thank you.