Pokemon Forever
VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program (/Thread-VGC-Competitive-Battling-Mentorship-Program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - SCf3 - Dec 30, 2014

Thanks for volunteering guys! Just updated the first post. :D
Just a reminder, if you're reading this and want a mentor - just post asking for one and we can assign someone to you!

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Black117 - Dec 30, 2014

I have a good of experience with 6v6 singles especially in the smogon formats with ou and uu. Honestly I can help people on that front but as for VGC, I'm still relatively new and the VGC15 format hasn't formalized since basically we don't know what'll be standard. As far as any technical stuff goes, I'm can help new players understand battle and in--game mechanics like breeding or and evs/ivs.

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - SCf3 - Dec 30, 2014

Thanks Black117! :D

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - beastmoose - Dec 31, 2014

Yeah, I'd love to be a mentor. I've been in the competitive scene for about 6 months,but i feel like I have a really good understanding of it. I used to play on the battle spot a lot,but lately I've been on Showdown experimenting with teams, and have also gotten into Smogon. What I like to do is take my favorite Pokemon ( even if they're not fully evolved or never used)and find ways to use them. I've made a couple of build in the Competitive Builds section, and I'll help anyone who needs it. :D :D :D

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - SCf3 - Dec 31, 2014

Thanks Beastmoose, I'll add you to the first post as a mentor. :D

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Ally - Jan 3, 2015

I would like some help, too! Smile What a great idea. <3 Thanks to the mentors for offering your time and knowledge. XD

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Eeveeli - Jan 3, 2015

Sign me up too as a mentor-thingy! I've been planning to make some basic-team builds for this forum if anyone is interested in that? Smile

EDIT: Oh also, I only fight in the VGC format at the moment, I could try helping you guys with singles/whatever but I can't promise anything :P

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Rogue - Jan 3, 2015

Like Naitre I'm also very active in the VGC '15 mega thread. I've been watching/casually playing VGC for a long time. I also started becoming active in '13. What a lot of people don't know however that I'm very very active in Smogon ahaha. It's where I started out, and I've been playing it for many years. I know literally every tier now, even the newer ones. However I'd say I specialize in OU/Ubers considering I've ranked top 10 many times. I make teams for a lot of people, and I have fun doing it. Team building is my favorite by far!

I know this is Pokemon, but I just wanted to include I play Smash 4 competitively. If anyone is interested in learning/sparring lemme know! I want for friends to play with xD

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - chesky - Jan 3, 2015

First at all thanks to all of you because I learned a lot in this community Smile
For being honest I am new with the 3DS Pokemon (I have some experience playing the old ones),I already pass the pokemon Y and Im playing the OR and trying to complete the fastest I can...I would like to learn more and practice battling in VGC/Smogon and I already have some ideas aout making my team and which pokemon I want to use at the moment(Thanks to Eqho what is powersaving some of my pokemon and Im trying to breed myself too)

So in conclusion I need a mentor who introduce me in the competitive battling,I know I have to complete some important things first(complete the OR,train the pokemons I want to use) but I wish to make my team and feel the experience of competitive battles Smile

RE: VGC/Competitive Battling Mentorship Program - Justin - Jan 4, 2015

This is why I love this community. I know there are others, but I feel like we are more accommodating to players of all skill levels. Thank you for keeping it positive, and going the extra mile to help others!