Pokemon Forever
[DISCUSSION] Starting My First Nuzlocke! (COMPLETED!!) - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: General Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [DISCUSSION] Starting My First Nuzlocke! (COMPLETED!!) (/Thread-DISCUSSION-Starting-My-First-Nuzlocke-COMPLETED)

Pages: 1 2 3

Starting My First Nuzlocke! (COMPLETED!!) - ScottyThunder - Apr 6, 2018

EDIT 4/7: I am considering making this adventure into a weekly little blog-type-thing, much like the original Nuzlocke was back in the day. Let me know if that would interest you!

EDIT 4/13: We've done it folks! We are official Hoenn Nuzlocke Champions! Thank you to all the great Pokémon that died in battle so that we could achieve this victory! I'm too lazy/tired to update the captures and deaths (there were many) but I will show off the Hall of Fame Team!

[Image: blaziken.png] [Image: shiftry.png] Tentacruel [Image: swellow.png] [Image: aggron.png] [Image: magnezone.png]

RE: Starting My First Nuzlocke! - ScottyThunder - Apr 6, 2018

Tagging @0kamii @Black Waterfall @Tenebris_Kane cuz they're my buddies, but I'd love to hear stories from anyone who's attempted the Challenge themselves!

RE: Starting My First Nuzlocke! - croissant - Apr 6, 2018

attempted a nuzlocke once and it went terribly, i dont think i even made it to the third gym lol. good luck on yours!

(Apr 6, 2018, 07:53 PM)yung lord Wrote: attempted a nuzlocke once and it went terribly, i dont think i even made it to the third gym lol. good luck on yours!

Yeesh, that's pretty rough. With this being my first time trying it I don't expect it to go all the way, but it's been pretty interesting so far!

RE: Starting My First Nuzlocke! - RetroTyphlosion - Apr 6, 2018

GL, I could never do one of these...

RE: Starting My First Nuzlocke! - moo311 - Apr 6, 2018

Good luck. My first nuzlocke attempt was in heart gold. My totodile didn't know what hit him. Let's just say that sand attack and rng were not the nicest that day...

(Apr 6, 2018, 08:02 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: GL, I could never do one of these...

I feel ya, I always thought nuzlockes were too stressful for the kind of gamer I am, but ya never know. So far I'm enjoying it!

(Apr 6, 2018, 08:07 PM)moo311 Wrote: Good luck. My first nuzlocke attempt was in heart gold. My totodile didn't know what hit him. Let's just say that sand attack and rng were not the nicest that day...

Oh man, I can't even imagine playing in an older gen like that, they are so unforgiving! RIP the poor Totodile

RE: Starting My First Nuzlocke! - RetroTyphlosion - Apr 6, 2018

See, but now I want to this in Omega Ruby...

RE: Starting My First Nuzlocke! - 0kamii - Apr 6, 2018

@ScottyThunder

Well, I was never overly fond of Nuzlockes, but in the two that I've done, I have my fair share to interesting stories. Here's two:

The Death of Perces:

Excadrill

Perces was an Excadrill I had the fortune of catching during my Nuzlocke of Black 2. I named him so after the titan of destruction, which Excadrill certainly is. He carried the team throughout the whole game and was consistently one of my best mons. Sadly, he just barely missed the Pokémon League, for he was killed on Victory Road by a random trainer, with an Eelektross, that just happened to know Flamethrower, which...got a critical hit...so, yeah. I was really frustrated because I had to train his replacement for several hours before challenging the league. Not fun.

The Fall of Tyranitar:

Tyranitar

Tyranitar was, for the most part, the MVP of my Dark-type Monolocke of Ultra Sun. The reason being that he pummeled Ultra Necrozma into the ground. One Black Hole Eclipse and he was finished. This made me really love Tyranitar, but sadly, he too met an unfortunate end on Victory Road. It was a double battle right at the end, and the trainer sent out a Bisharp that KOed my T-tar at half health. I seriously wanted to ignore Nuzlocke rules and just revive him at the PC so I didn't have to spent time training a replacement, but I'd stuck with the rules thus far, so I opted to stick it out. Hydreigon wound up replacing it, and she went down in the League anyway.

So there you have it, two MVP mons, in two separate playthroughs, that both went down just before their moment of glory. Kind of sad, still kind of frustrating. Also probably the reason I'll never do another Nuzlocke. It was hard to get upset when there wasn't anything stopping me from reviving them, and I knew it too. But that's just me.

- 0kamii