Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] How do you get a pokemon with it's hidden ability?
Welp, I feel like a gigantic noob for asking this, but...
HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET A POKEMON WITH A HIDDEN ABILITY?
I have been breeding piplups like crazy and all they have is torrent.
Is it just my terrible luck? Or is it something else?
use the DexNav or, on gen V, the dream world.
there's other methods, i believe (most notably events), but those two are the primaries
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
+wundrweapon
Thank you!
(Jun 28, 2016, 12:41 PM)FearTheDragonMaster Wrote: +wundrweapon
Thank you!

use @ to mark people Wink
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
I believe the Hidden Ability Gen4 starters were only available through events. You will have to trade for it. Once you have a mother or father with the HA, you have a 60% chance to breed a baby with the HA.
Hidden Ability Guide!

Breeding Pokemon with normal abilities will never give a Hidden Ability.

If you want a Pokemon with a Hidden Ability, there are a few ways to get one.
  1. DexNav
  2. Friend Safari
  3. Event
  4. Dreamworld
  5. Breeding Event Pokemon
If you want a Piplup with Defiant, you may have to go online to trade for a Piplup with Defiant.

If you're worried about hacked Pokemon, there was an event giveaway a while ago for a Piplup with Defiant, so there will be legit ones out there.

If you're still worried about it and want to breed your own Piplup:

- Breed a Female Piplup (Or Prinplup/Empoleon) with Defiant with a Male Piplup 
- OR breed a Male Piplup (Or Prinplup/Empoleon) with Defiant with a Ditto.

(Both of these methods have a 60% chance of passing down Defiant)

Either way you'll have to trade for a Hidden Ability Piplup :\ but like I said, it can be gained legitimately so if you breed your own TECHNICALLY it's legit :3

I hope this helped! :D

[Image: 602231_1292974008267_full.jpg?v=1292974110]
It's also possible to find pokemon with hidden abilities in horde battles in gen6 and very rarely in hidden grottos in B2/W2, if I'm remembering correctly. Unfortunately those don't have that many species of pokemon to catch and definitely no piplups. You're going to have to trade for one or pray that an event for one pops up again.

@ReaverMachete  @wundrweapon  You both mentioned dreamworld, but I could have sworn that nintendo shut down that service? Or am I dumb and there's some other way to access dreamworld for HA pokemon? I haven't played gen5 in ages and didn't touch dreamworld often, I honestly don't know. Thanks for an answer in advance.
(Jul 1, 2016, 08:11 AM)VoidThoughts Wrote: It's also possible to find pokemon with hidden abilities in horde battles in gen6 and very rarely in hidden grottos in B2/W2, if I'm remembering correctly. Unfortunately those don't have that many species of pokemon to catch and definitely no piplups. You're going to have to trade for one or pray that an event for one pops up again.

@ReaverMachete  @wundrweapon  You both mentioned dreamworld, but I could have sworn that nintendo shut down that service? Or am I dumb and there's some other way to access dreamworld for HA pokemon? I haven't played gen5 in ages and didn't touch dreamworld often, I honestly don't know. Thanks for an answer in advance.
Dreamworld has been shut down by NIntendo. If memory serves me right, you could get a HA pokemon by trading with N.
Heads up, only the female parent will pass down hidden abilities, so if you find a male one with defiant then use a ditto to breed with it.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?