Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread
One of the current teams I'm using involves a Ho-oh though its main task is to wall Xerneas and maybe get a burn so I can stall it out with burns. If anyone is planning on using Ho-oh, don't use Roost since its takes away Ho-oh's Ground-type immunity in ground and with Primal Groudon everywhere its extremely important against those matchups. Generally speaking, Ho-oh is used mainly to wall Xerneas since even a +2 Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam fail to even 2HKO from my experience using one. Sacred Fire is one of the best Fire-type moves in the game as that 50% chance (well 45% if you factor missing) to burn can prove clutch against many physical attackers including Kangaskhan. Scared Fire and Brave Bird are Ho-oh standard attacking options as the last moveslots should be either Recover, Tailwind, Protect, Substitute, EQ, etc.

Even comparing Talonflame with Ho-oh, well both provide different roles as Talonflame is mainly a support Pokemon who can revenge kill any weakens targets with its priority attacks. Ho-oh is generally there on the long haul and can even wall out Pokemon with its 106 HP/ 90 Def/ 154 SpD bulk though not as fast. My only concern using both of these mons is the fact they are weak to Rock Slide especially from either Landorus-T, Terrakion, or even physical Primal Groudon which are still uncommon in the ladder.

Messages In This Thread
Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by Rogue - Dec 10, 2015, 01:26 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by Slec - Dec 14, 2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by Rogue - Jan 17, 2016, 02:01 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by jouzea - Jan 10, 2016, 12:59 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by Rogue - Jan 17, 2016, 01:57 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 2016 Metagame Megathread - by Black117 - Jan 18, 2016, 08:25 PM