Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Is it Finally Good Enough for VGC DB?
The team is slow, meaning a lot of the current metagame threats already beat you to the punch before you can attack.

Weakness Policy Aegislash isn't an effective set in competitive. It worked in VGC'14, struggled in VGC'15 and has no chance in this format. Your Aegislash is getting OHKOd before it can take advantage of the item. Use Life Orb or Leftovers and run a special set. I say special because Special attackers are less crippled by status and abilities than physical ones plus Shadow Ball has a higher base power than Shadow Claw. Not to mention that most Pokemon in this format are weaker in SpDef than Defense.

As I've said before, the speed of games in this format is way too overwhelming to be relying on step up in this manner (referring to Stockpile Cradily here). Furthermore, you have no means of recovery outside of Leftovers and Giga Drain which aren't very reliable in keeping you alive for very long. Earth Power doesn't hit anything outside of Primal Groudon (which Giga Drain hits at least neutrally) and it struggles to pick up a 3HKO on it either way. Poison is a poor choice for type coverage with it only hitting Fairy for super effective (I don't count grass because it is usually pair with a typing that resists Poison).

U-Turn takes Talonflame out of a risky situation but pushes one of your Pokemon into a risky one. This wouldn't be a problem if you had speed control (paralysis status, speed dropping moves like Icy Wind, Trick Room or Tailwind) which would allow you to at least attack first with the Pokemon you bring in after switching out with U-Turn.

Choice Band works best on that Azumarill set.

Good luck with the Clefable set I suppose. Just know that one hit pushes Clefable below 50% from most Pokemon in the meta and even after 1 Cosmic Power boost, Clefable is in range of fainting the following turn.

Aside from Charizard-X being able to OHKO Ampharos with Dragon Claw...

Ampharos gets blown back too easily by literally everything in the metagame. Even a Ferrothorn can 1v1 it with no issues.

But let's see how your team works out. I could be wrong after all
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it Finally Good Enough for VGC DB? - by Marcusube - Feb 10, 2016, 05:09 AM
RE: Is it Finally Good Enough for VGC DB? - by Absol - Feb 10, 2016, 02:36 PM