Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] First Sun & Moon VGC Team Mk. II
Well firstly, you left out Golem's nature so when I copypasted the team from here to Showdown to test it out, the damage output was pretty lacking. I'll just assume for reference that the Golem should be Brave or Adamant

One of the problems this team has is speed control. Not necessarily Trick Room but everything that occurs when Trick Room isn't set up. Remember that everything in the Alolan region dex is legal so Pokemon like Gengar, Alakazam and Salamence will be running around and these Pokemon hit ridiculously hard and are fast which places pressure on getting up Trick Room. From what I can tell, however, this game has literally no Icy Wind users (since Pokebank isn't out yet) and the same goes for Tailwind which may mean that your best bet is the inaccurate Thunder Wave to maintain speed control

This team is very lacking in terms of offensive power. Pretty much Golem and Decidueye carry this team and the two together don't cover each other offensively as a core and they share a common weakness to powerful special attackers

Air Balloon isn't the most optimal item on Golem seeing as how chip damage or priority from Fake Out clips the Balloon plus it only shields one of the many weaknesses that Golem has. I suggest running Rockium-Z and switching Earthquake for either Explosion or Substitute

On Comfey, run either Taunt or Helping Hand. You want to ensure that it can fulfill as good of a supportive role as possible and Floral Healing doesn't help as much because doubling into a Pokemon will most likely KO it anyway. Maybe Synthesis could be considered for keeping Comfey around longer to set up Trick Room again

In agreement with Giam, do you really think Decidueye is the right fit for this team?

What Palossand and Lumineon do, Gastrodon by itself can do it better

Flamethrower is more practical on Arcanine for more base damage. Since Heat Wave is a spread move, it's damage output gets dropped to 0.75 times the base power of 95 which is pretty low in comparison to Flamethrower

It's not a bad team per say, but it does have it's problems

Messages In This Thread
First Sun & Moon VGC Team Mk. II - by KiwiTiger - Nov 25, 2016, 09:07 PM
RE: First Sun & Moon VGC Team - by GiMYz - Nov 26, 2016, 03:15 AM
RE: First Sun & Moon VGC Team - by Marcusube - Nov 26, 2016, 07:07 AM
RE: First Sun & Moon VGC Team Mk. II - by KiwiTiger - Nov 26, 2016, 01:41 PM
RE: First Sun & Moon VGC Team Mk. II - by GiMYz - Nov 26, 2016, 04:53 PM
RE: First Sun & Moon VGC Team Mk. II - by KiwiTiger - Nov 26, 2016, 05:13 PM
RE: First Sun & Moon VGC Team Mk. II - by GiMYz - Nov 26, 2016, 06:25 PM