Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Player Search System (PSS) over Festival Plaza?
Was going to make a long rant about why PSS is essentially way better than Festival Plaza, though I think everyone kinda gets the idea. Feel like Game Freak over complicate almost everything about the Festival Plaza in every way from the trades to battles. Though its nice to have an online VGC ladder and see our own "Friends avatars" online, don't get why I have to connect and reconnect to the Festival Plaza. Quick Lick as Haruna mentioned is decent, though it like IR connections beforehand. Don't even get me started with the GTS and potential "bans" as players can get "locked" out from trading with others for a certain time. For convince, idk if this is me being picky or whatever, but hearing the a "sound" if the person is contacting for a trade/battle is greatly missed... least for me.

What made PSS so "good" to many players in terms of online is just the simplicity itself. Here's a list of players around the world, acquaintances you've interacted, and friends you'd FC exchanged. Its nice to know that my friend is online, unless you felt like "hiding" such a status. Like players can still interact with each other without the potential of being locked out or constantly logging back in and out of a certain place.

TLDR: The interface of Festival Plaza seems somewhat dull and slightly more complicated to use. Though this is my first impressions of it after doing some trades, but I'd prefer PSS any other day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Search System (PSS) over Festival Plaza? - by Black117 - Dec 10, 2016, 01:11 AM