Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FEEDBACK] Competitive Feedback 2.0
I don't know if it's been suggested, but a tri-monthly or bi-monthly round up of the VGC metagame and the BS Singles/Smogon Singles metagames would be nice. What I've come to understand is that a good amount of the community doesn't really play by the VGC/Smogon format, but on the BattleSpot Doubles and Singles ladders. Now I say every 2-3 months because (1) Metagames don't change much in the space of a week or a month (2) Its easier to round up information over 2-3 months and there will be more unique content to discuss

Another suggestion is a "Break This Team" prefix where users can challenge forum members to theorymon ways to break through a team. If the prefix idea is too vast, we can turn it into a bi-weekly forum game hosted by the Competitive Discussions Mod team and Kahunas

An idea that came to me is to have a sort of "Waiver Wire" series where each week a member of the Mod team will post a thread about a Pokemon that has the potential to thrive in a metagame of their choice. The thread will be a theorymon thread that breaks down how that Pokemon may influence the meta and it may even include battle videos of the Pokemon in action

While we encourage users to join tournaments, we have to acknowledge that (1) Not everyone wants to play VGC/Smogon (2) Not everyone is on the same level of competitiveness and may find users intimidating or not worthy of battling. To mitigate this, I suggest we have more creative tournaments. These can range from Anything Goes and Balanced Hackmons to tournaments similar to the Battle of Hoenn

This point isn't much of a suggestion but more of a shameless plug. Look out for the Pokemon Forever Bloc (PFB) Draft League coming up in the summer. We're inviting all players who want to build a foundation in playing draft league. There is no interviewing stage either, all we require is that you be active and dedicate to the entire season
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Competitive Feedback 2.0 - by croissant - Feb 26, 2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Competitive Feedback 2.0 - by GingerxPug - Feb 26, 2017, 10:20 AM
RE: Competitive Feedback 2.0 - by Justin - Feb 26, 2017, 10:21 AM
RE: Competitive Feedback 2.0 - by croissant - Feb 26, 2017, 10:32 AM
RE: Competitive Feedback 2.0 - by Justin - Feb 27, 2017, 01:58 AM
RE: Competitive Feedback 2.0 - by Black117 - Feb 28, 2017, 12:55 AM
RE: Competitive Feedback 2.0 - by Marcusube - Mar 2, 2017, 06:36 AM
RE: Competitive Feedback 2.0 - by Black117 - Mar 2, 2017, 09:05 PM