Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC newbie over here, any help is appreciated before I start going to tournaments
(Jan 5, 2015, 03:39 PM)Rogue Wrote: Do not take Dragon Tail off of Milotic. It isn't there for providing great offensive pressure. Many good players keep their intimidate users in the back so they don't give boosts to things like bisharp/milotic leads. Dragon tailing will give it a chance to force out an intimidater and give you your boost. Lando is very common this format and I've witnessed a match myself where they led with Lando against a Milotic, Milotic got the +2 Special Attack from intimidate, Lando U-turned out immediately, and in that same turn Milotic Dragon Tail'd a hydreigon into Lando. Giving it +4 Special Attack.

You can't get anything like that by running a Hidden Power without losing such favorable momentum.

(Jan 5, 2015, 04:48 PM)tygaa2 Wrote:
(Jan 5, 2015, 03:27 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 5, 2015, 02:27 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: I like the bulky support Arcanine! I would change firespin to either flare blitz or over heat depending if you prefer physical or special. This is because those moves are powerful enough to KO annoying things like ferrothorn

Removing Fire Spin from that Arcanine set makes the whole thing useless. No point in running a Binding Band if you aren't using Fire Spin, so if you go with an offensive Arcanine, OP, you'll need to revamp the build completely.

I like the Specially Defensive Heatran. It'll definitely keep Special Attackers like Thundurus from causing too many problems for your team and keep M-Gardevoir at bay so you can take a Focus Blast, which most M-Gardevoir users don't expect.

Thanks! Yeah, the Heatran I like. That's why I'm wary of running Arcanine since I already have a fire-type on my team.

I didn't even notice binding band. The main job of bulky aranine is to spam will-o-wisp on physical attackers thats what I meant as I like the role

Thanks for all the feedback so far! It's been helpful. The main problem this team runs into are Prankster users. Still trying to figure out how to get around that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: VGC newbie over here, any help is appreciated before I start going to tournaments - by DanielJames - Jan 5, 2015, 05:14 PM