Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] List all generations according to your liking
(Nov 7, 2017, 07:51 AM)ScottyThunder Wrote: Wow, I can' believe I missed this! I'e played every generation all the way through, so I'll just list them by favorite to least favorite!

4: Nothing will ever top generation 4 for me. They were the first games I myself actually owned, since Red was handmedown. I played HG for years. I didn't beat Red atop mount Silver until I had well over 300 hours, and Pearl was the first main series DS game I played. Me and my brother would trade and battle on the bus ride to school every day, and the kids on the playground would all be walking around with their Pokewalkers. Those were good years

1: As a "genwunner" in my first like 5 years of life, Red was my favorite game as a kid. My cousin went to college and left me a lot of his old stuff, including his game boy and the games for it. I remember the first time playing it and just being marveled at the idea of playing a game that took place in the same world as the anime, which I watched every week with my little brother at my grandmother's house. It took me YEARS to beat it, since I was pretty young at the time. But boy, that Charizard was a MONSTER

7: Gen 7 felt the most nostalgic to me. It had a great story, great characters, and so much to do! It reminded me of HGSS, and it took me about 2 weeks to beat it, way more than any other game is played in the last like ten years!  By the time the end of the story came, I was in tears over Lillie! I caught Solgaleo the same day Carrie Fisher died, so he's rightfully named after her. I currently have over 800 hours invested in the game, and or  the first time completed the regional dex! Me and my friends play it together all the time, and without it I wouldn't be NEARLY as active as I am on these forums! 

6: XY is what got me playing Pokemon again. I DESPISED gen 5, and so after FINALLY beating those damn dragons at the league, I just stopped playing. For my birthday a few years later, I decided I'd pick up Y, because if heard it was pretty good, and I REALLY wanted a mega Charizard! Now, while I didn' feel super attached to the characters, I still enjoyed the story, and felt the Pokemon were designed much better than most of gen 5

3: Ruby and Sapphire were the game boy advance games me and my brother played the most. As a fan of the anime, I loved Ash's (at the time) Grovyle, so I picked up that little Treecko and proceeded to dominate the league with my team. This is one of the games I played the least, purely because I soon after got the fourth generation games, so I don' have much else to say

2: Gold and Silver are incredible games, but I've only played them personally a handful of times, and of those times, they were only emulators. Those games gave birth to HGSS, and I can never talk down upon them, because I thoroughly enjoyed playing through them, but I just never had the time to play the entirety of a gen 2 game on my computer, because I just had better things to do

5: At last, we reach the game of the Pokemon community. Generation 5. Not much to say other than I just didn' enjoy it. I hated the new overworld style, the weather system was glitchy and would barely work, the Pokemon were terrible, (a chandelier. Really? A chandelier?) and the story was just boring to me. After the incredible mastery of technology that the fourth generation was, I expected so much more from GF. That is all
@ScottyThunder Interesting list, thanks for sharing Blush I guess ones favorites in the end heavily depend on how much time you spent with each game
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda

Messages In This Thread
RE: List all generations according to your liking - by PerchPond - Nov 7, 2017, 08:42 AM