Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What do other fans want out of Pokemon games.
I need more insight about what people want and enjoy out of their playthrough of new Pokemon games.
I made a big blog post about what I want in newer Pokemon games and my what interest me in Pokemon. I would post a link but I'm not sure if that's allow so I'll quickly summarize what I wish Gamefreak would do with future games:

-A bigger expansive world with more interactions with Pokemon OUTSIDE of battling. I want there to be more to the gameplay other then fighting everyone and everything(Contest were a nice distraction but I know contests will disappear once the new gen comes out). Of course, keeping the main gameplay of taking on the Pokemon League will untouched. I just want a bit more then beating an un-interesting gym leader or rival. I guess I can easily chuck up my boredom with consist battles cause the games are not challaging which is to be expect since this series IS primarily market towards children but still...

-Gym leaders and other characters actually caring about what happens outside of their gym. Yes, there are some that have had active parts in the story like Wallace and Steven... What makes this even more frustrating is that in Black and White, the gym leaders actually came in and helped you by taking on the sages. They were actively taking part in the overall story. They wanted to stop Team Plasma cause they were doing something wrong that was going to effect the entire region. In XY, the Gym leaders barely knew what was going in their own town. *cough*Laverre City*cough*

-The last thing. Making the main protagonist an actual character OR letting you ACTUALLY be able to become the character. In XY when they let you customize the character it let you become the character, even if it's just for appearance. It was something, you cam make the character something special to you even if it was pretty limited. Now that Gamefreak pretty much said that the customization was just a "fashion thing" and plan to not bring it back outside of Kalos that's fine. HOWEVER, they should at least let you be able to relate to the character that is SUPPOSE to be you. All you can ever say Pokemon is "yes" or "no" and even then it doesn't matter. I know all the Pokemon games have been like that but, is it so hard to ask for a bit of a change?...

Does this stuff bother other Pokemon fans or am I simply the only one who cares about this stuff?
What do you wish GameFreak would improve on if anything? Do you just ignore all of this and just try to rush to the end game?
I know didn't touch much of competitive battling but this is mainly for the ACTUAL game not the after game stuff.
Cause I do love battling others but wish there was more then JUST battling. :/

Give me your opinion on the series and what you think of mine.

Messages In This Thread
What do other fans want out of Pokemon games. - by MasterImpsy - Jan 23, 2015, 11:49 AM