Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What do other fans want out of Pokemon games.
Memorable characters.

I can easily recite the Kanto gym leaders, take a bit more time with the Johto leaders, and name off the Hoenn gym leaders. From 4th to 6th gen? Volkner and Iris. Iris was even from the anime, that's the only reason why I remember her. There hasn't been much depth to the characters, some are even just like "Let's just get to battling!". Even the rivals have become boring, especially now that the modern ones deal with "friendship" instead of actually BEING rivals. Gary/Blue/Green? I wanted to kick his ***, beat him and his arrogant self. Silver? Okay cool, he stole a Pokemon and is using it for whatever-he-does. I need to prove to him that I deserve this Pokemon and his ways are wrong.

Black/White and sequels were a nice attempt at character development, but didn't really work out as well as imagined. N, Team Plasma, and Neo Team Plasma were cool but that's about it.

Nowadays we need to rely on not using the Exp Share, Egglocke/Nuzlocke.

Challenge Difficulty

Another thing that Black/White attempted and blundered. Easy, Regular, Difficult settings. In B/W they made a "hard" mode, which was exclusive to one version if I recall, where the opponent's levels were 1-2 levels higher than regular. I don't want that baby stuff, jack up their levels by like 4 or 5, even increasing exponentially as we traverse later into the game. Being able to fight the Elite Four with Lvl 70-80 and even fighting the Champion with Lvl 80+? I'd love that.
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do other fans want out of Pokemon games. - by Skarric - Jan 23, 2015, 06:22 PM