Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Team Building Work In Progress - VGC 2015
Hello KirinEvens!

First off I would like to say have if you want a more visible teambuilder for you're effort try out the team builder at teammagma.net. That said here is my advice.

First off if you want to build around a for the 2015 VGC metagame, Mega Scizor is your best bet since it can beat strong Megas like Metagross, Venusaur, Kangaskhan, and can bypass and speed control with its priority technician boosted bullet punch. If you look at both the Pokemon usage in Top Cut of this pass week's Winter Regionals, much of them are capable of immediate offence and can counteract Stall in this metagame. Your Umbreon set would probably need to a moveset consisting of foul play, snarl, and a supportive set of either moonlight, protect, yawn, or even helping hand. Just a quick note, a helping hand boosted bullet punch will always knock out either offensive Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir who like threaten Umbreon. That's probably what Umbreon has going as it can fire off stab boosted foul plays while providing offensive support with helping hand. As for Mega Scizor, try out Sword Dance in place of either Bug Bite or Knock Off and see which of the three move you want in Mega Scizor.

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 96 HP / 116 Def Sylveon: 152-180 (83.5 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
92+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Helping Hand Bullet Punch vs. 96 HP / 116 Def Sylveon: 204-242 (112 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Here's a good team coverage/resistances I thought of.
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/#?2...9h|591|706
btw you can add moves to figure out your team's overall type coverage.

As you see, the standout main weakness of this team are rock type pokemom (and particularly rock slide) but I think its good so far. I think Goodra will benefit from the assault vest item more since it will help you matchup against rain teams. Milotic can just settle for either a sitrus berry or leftovers, your pick. Safety goggles Rotom-H is somewhat standard but gets the job done. I would recommend a moveset that consisted of Overheat, Thunderbolt, Will-o-wisp, Hidden Power Ice, or Protect. That's pretty much all I have to say at the moment. Again you can try to see which POkemon work best for you alright.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Team Building Work In Progress - VGC 2015 - by Black117 - Feb 19, 2015, 04:15 AM