Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Team Building Work In Progress - VGC 2015
Bringing two Mega for "team preview can help you create a bit of mindgames for your opponent. That said, when I run two Megas, usually both won't have similar weaknesses or roles. Right now, Scizor is rather uncommon to be the Mega and that alone can help.

Now based on the nature of the team, it's considerably weak to Fire types like Heatran and Charizard Y if you decided on running Exadrill. Terrakion or Garchomp seem like the best picks here as they both handle Fire types and provide spread damage with Stab Rock Slide or Earthquake. Btw Dragon Tail is not a form speed control at all and isn't as effective in doubles with the nonexistent entry hazards. Reasons why I don't agree with Dragon Tail on Milotic are the following: 1) it effectively give the opponent a "free switch in" and can completely ruin your momentum of the battle, 2) the 90% accuracy is can be costly as well plus fairy switch ins render it useless, and 3) Milotic has better options to run. Ice beam is really clutch since there will be times where you don't want to Icy Wind say a Bisharp, or a opposing Milotic. Given the moveset is Scald, Icy Wind, and Ice Beam, Mirror Coat seems the most viable option to run for a Milotic if you plan on running it with an Assault Vest. Other moves to consider are Hydro Pump, Brine, or a Hidden Power type since it's movepool is rather shallow.

Problem with having stick web support in doubles is people tend to run either tailwind, thunder wave, or even trick room just to negate -1 speed drops from icy wind/electroweb/stick web. Whimsicott can provide your team with crucial tailwind support and can use Beat Up on Terrakion just to fire off high damage Rock Slides or CCs. Taunt/Encore help you team shut down any other support pokemon like Prankster Thundurus-I or Cresselias from using their respective status.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Team Building Work In Progress - VGC 2015 - by Black117 - Feb 19, 2015, 12:10 PM