Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Team Building Work In Progress - VGC 2015
Spent a lot of time on showdown with this team last night:

Umbreon
M-Scizor
Milotic
Whimsicott
Sylveon
And then a mix of Gallade, Terrakion, and Conkeldurr in order of increasing effectivenes.

Now all of the EV's were not quite tailored, but a few things I noticed:

Lacking electric or grass moves for coverage.
Lack of a reliable use of fake out
Lack of a reliable burn or paralyze
No protect
In close matches, I always ended up needing a fire move

Whimsicott was never really a problem, and most of its issues were self imposed and learning how to predict. Definitely pulled it's weight.

Umbreon I feel will do fine with EV tuning and some move changes. I do feel like I need swagger somewhere to take advantage of Foul Play. Also running into 4 move syndrome as I want to run Curse, Moonlight, Foul Play, Helping Hand, and protect. Might need to drop Curse for Protect.

I might swap M-Scizor for M-Mawile. Would let me run Fire Fang and Intimidate. Still undecided.

Milotic was a mixed issue. I didn't opt for Icy Wind as often and that lead to me getting a strong HH+attack off but getting out sped in the process and getting picked off a turn or two later. Though I really like Milotic and what it brings to the table. Might also look at running Rotom-W a bit for some thunder coverage.

Sylveon was very good, though it did get predicted a bit. Maybe want to try not running specs, though I do like that power. How good is Misty Terrain in use?

That brings me to Gallade/Terrakion/Conkeldurr. Gallade was worthless sans the one fight I skill swapped a Mega Kang and they ragequit. Might work better as a Mega and with a more coverage oriented set.

Terrakion saw me getting wins more often, but still felt something lacking. Having Rock Slide was good, and it's used for a reason so a tuning session might get more out of this. Any other item options besides Sitrus?

Conkeldurr did seem to perform the best of the three, and could get even better with a fine tunung4. Might opt for fire punch over ice since I have ice on Milotic. Also ran Mach and Drain with Iron Fist. Is Guts a better overall ability? Better item than Sitrus?

I had a lot of trouble with Mega Zard Y just tearing me apart. They always were able to predict rock slide or ice beam and then just tore face with heatwave or air slash. Venusaurs were manageable with Bug Bite.

Also had some issue with Ludicolo and Gothitelle, but not necessarily rain or trick room.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Team Building Work In Progress - VGC 2015 - by KirinEvans - Feb 20, 2015, 09:22 AM