Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My first competitive VGC 15 team :)
To start it off, you have a huge amount of weaknesses. 2 Flying, 2 Poison, 1 Ghost, 2 Steel, a x4 weakness to Water, 2 Psychic, 2 Ice and 3 Fairy. This team has to be scrapped because ALL of these attack types are VERY COMMON in VGC 2015.

If you want to do a Trick Room team, you have to commit all 6 of your Pokemon to it. When cases come up where you need a specific Pokemon that isn't in the Trick Room strategy to turn the game around, you risk putting your entire team in a position where the Trick Room doesn't get set up and everything that can't out-bulk enough attacks get destroyed.

If you are going to make a Trick Room team, you should invest into at least 2 trick room setters. Good Trick Room Pokemon are Slowbro, Slowking, Aromatisse, Porygon2 and Cresselia.

Always run natures that reduce speed when doing Trick Room and go for 0 speed IVs all the time.

Having two Mega Evolutions on your team may result in a situation where you have to use both Pokemon at the same time but you have to sacrifice an item which makes fainting the non-Mega Pokemon even easier.

Your Mega Altaria is hyper offensive indeed, however, not running Protect on one of the cores of your team may cost you a game. Take out Draco Meteor since Hyper Voice gets STAB and hits hard enough and if the Hyper Voice doesn't cut it, the Ice Beam surely will.

Togekiss is good but why not Leftovers? Other than the unavoidable Prankster Thunder Wave, no other status really threatens it.

Assault Vest Guts/Iron Fist Conkeldurr is the way to go. Just like singles, even the slightest amount of hax from the secondary effects of moves can win you a game. Also Drain Punch over Hammer Arm for more sustain.

Ditch EQ on Machamp for either Drain Punch or Close Combat. Always try to avoid moves that damage your team mates unless it is a part of a strategy. I know that the Gravity/Telepathy combination sounds great but since Musharna sets up Trick Room, it will die in the space of 1-3 turns.

Musharna's moveset is all over the place. What is this team? A Trick Room team or a Gravity team? Ditch Healing Wish for Protect/Psychic and Reflect for Yawn/Moonlight. If Musharna is the only thing setting up Trick Room then it needs to stick around long enough to possible even do it again after the 5 turns are over.

This team gets a 4.3/10. Too many weaknesses, too many conflict with move sets, type match ups and team synergy and too much emphasis on offense and not much on defense/support/pivoting.
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: My first competitive VGC 15 team :) - by Marcusube - Feb 22, 2015, 02:30 AM