Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS & XY] Pokemon legitimacy thread
(Feb 24, 2015, 06:27 PM)Black117 Wrote:
(Feb 24, 2015, 05:22 PM)Nickdance3 Wrote: Hey! How would we compare the pokemon we have? Like If I have a breloom, how would I actually check if it's legal? Also what would I do if it isn't legal? I forgot what else I wanted to ask but some answers would be nice :D thanks!

If you are talking about legality in Pokemon there are some terms everyone who plays Pokemon, competitve or not should know. First off, there are 3 terms we use to describe the legality of any Pokemon: legit, legal, and illegal. When someone says a there 4 iv Cresselia is "legit" (according to their word, I'll get back to this later), it means that the Pokemon hasn't be altered in any way and is natural found in the game through either breeding/soft resetting. When we talk about "legal" Pokemon, it can mean several things. 1) Probably the most common is that legal Pokemon (and legit) are the only two can be traded online or battle with/against on Wifi. 2) Don't confuse the terms legal and legit interchangeably since remember both aren't the same. The main difference legal Pokemon are hacked but follows all the criteria of the Pokemon's location, starting level, gender, poke ball, etc. Essentially if these Pokemon are allowed in Wifi because the game cannot determine anything where it can potentially be hacked and can be used alongside legitimate Pokemon.

Now illegal Pokemon are those who don't follow the criteria of the what I mentioned earlier (event, location, met, starting level, ball, gender, fixed OT/SID, etc) and are far easier to distinguish, Hacked Pokemon like Wonder Guard Sableye, preexisting Mega Salamence with an item, Event Mewtwo with wrong ball, etc. Honestly there isn't a way Atm the only way to distinguish legit and legal the person admits they made the Pokemon in the first place. One misconception I usually hear from people (and it can get rather annoying at times) is the blue pentagon indicates a certain pokemon is hacked, which isn't true. Pokemon without the blue pentagon means they are transfers from any of the Gen 3-5 games while those with the pentagon indicate they're from the 6th (current) gen. A well made hacked/edited Pokemon can pass as legal as it checks through the rather less scrutinized legality checkers in battle spot, poke transfer, or online wifi. This where much of the debate/strife is considering certain players may accuse another another of having an illegal/hacked Pokemon while others like me just want to play with everything as long as it legal under the main Pokemon standards.

My best advice is to only worry about if the Pokemon is legal or not since its very difficult to determine whether the Pokemon was found naturally or edited other than "trust" (unless you made a video indicating the Pokemon itself). That said, I recommended everyone to look up Bulbapedia/Serebii regarding the distribution of Regular/Event Pokemon since it will definitely help root out bad hacks and "good' ones.

Okay! Thanks for the advice! Won't confuse the two again! xP

Messages In This Thread
[ORAS & XY] Pokemon legitimacy thread - by AquaX101 - Feb 23, 2015, 02:12 PM
RE: [ORAS & XY] Pokemon legitimacy thread - by SCf3 - Feb 24, 2015, 03:21 PM
RE: [ORAS & XY] Pokemon legitimacy thread - by Nickdance3 - Feb 24, 2015, 06:32 PM
RE: [ORAS & XY] Pokemon legitimacy thread - by Oktay - May 16, 2015, 10:32 AM