Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] Mega Charizard X Moveset - Physical Attacker
(Mar 20, 2015, 02:00 PM)MastrTman Wrote: Hi, just want to say I bred a similar build as this charizard.
My build is
Mega charizard x
@Charizardite
Ability tough claws
IVs: all max except special attack
Evs: HP 150, AT156, Def 100, SA 0 SDef 4, SPD 100
Moves:
Flare Blitz/ Fire Fang
Belly Drum
Dragon Rush
Dragon Dance/ Protect

The EV spread may seem weird, however this is to ensure that charizard stays alive.
This build is extremely fragile, but once the belly drum is set charizard becomes an amazing sweeper capable of 1 hitting almost anything.
Unfortunately I do not have any calculations for this.

I pair it with a Latias for the tailwind and heal pulse support. Also works very well with a mantyke @ eviolite with tailwind and wide guard.

The moves are chain bred. Belly drum from Snorlax
Dragon Rush and Dragon Dance from a Hydreigon.

Just a reminder, this set I present should only be used effectively in singles since Charizard X hasn't been able to settle well in the new format.

There are some issues with this set you present especially if its being used in a doubles format. For starters, Mega Charizard X is extremely vulnerable to a good portion of the metagame (Terrakion, Heatran, Landorus-T, Mega Mence, etc. I know it's has similar weakeness to Char Y, losing that ground immunity and becoming neutral to Fairies just really hamper Char X down. If you plan on using a belly drum set, Charizard X absolutely cannot run these inaccurate moves (Dragon Rush, Fire Fang) will cost you the game. Instead of those two moves, run Dragon Claw or Fire Punch since both are 100% accurate and will still achieve the same 2HKOs with or without the belly drum set up. Probably the best way to run a bellyzard in VGC is to pair it up with a Follow Me or Rage Powder user. Pairing Zard X with a wide guard user is extremely risky since your opponents could easily bypass this and go for a single target moves. Again it's really up to you to decide what to run on your Charizard X.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mega Charizard X - Attack (Physical) - by Vexian - Mar 12, 2015, 06:11 AM
RE: Mega Charizard X - Attack (Physical) - by Black117 - Mar 20, 2015, 03:10 PM