Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Viability and Frequency of Sun Teams for VGC 2015?
I believe the best EV spread would be 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense. At least as a general spread. I don't know if Cherrim has the potential to live many super effective blasts to the face, especially with so many Talonflames, Charizards, and Thunduruses running around.

We could do some damage calcs to see what a specific spread could do but I think you're better off just following the 252-252-4 route for now. You don't see Cherrim often, so you may want to play around with a team before switching up EVs... not that you suggested that but just saying ahead of time.

Also I think sun teams are completely valid. You don't see them as often as rain teams but that doesn't mean they don't have a use. Since you'd be using Cherrim as a support I think Mega Charizard Y would be the preferred mega, although you could work around it. Was there a specific mega you were considering for this or are you just throwing things out there to gather general ideas?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Viability and Frequency of Sun Teams for VGC 2015? - by KevMan - Mar 29, 2015, 08:03 AM