Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] hi please rate my sun team
This is a very interesting team. I've seen a lot of success with sun teams, but I am not to sure about this one. The reason I say that is because your team is very, very Heatran weak, and with the sun up, Heatran will have a lot of fun. I was running some damage calcs and even a +2 Aegislash using it's strongest move is a 7 hit KO on an offensive Heatran after leftovers. If it is Life Orb, a Heat Wave in the sun is a guarenteed 1 hit KO even in defense mode. Even Venusaur can't survive one in the sun. And yes, i am running double battle calcs. Meaning you will always have to rely on Mega-Camerupt to KO it. One option I see around this is putting hidden power ground on Sylveon in place of shadow ball. I've seen this used by Aaron Zheng and tried it myself. It is super clutch in situations. Talonflame and Charizard-Y deals the same problem. I think your team could be extremely effective under Trick Room, and I would actually replace Liepard for Cresselia. I say this because only 1 of your pokemon has speed investment. Also, a Cresselia running Trick Room, Psychic, Ice Beam, and Helping Hand would be absolutely amazing for your team. You can even run Solar Beam on Creasselia if you wanted to take advantage of the sun, though I like the current move poll better. T-Waves from Prankster Thundurus will only help you under trick room, and Lando can't lock itself into EQ presuming it holds a choiced item. Cresselia's Ice Beam deals with both of them. Psychic is a guarenteed 2 hit KO on Talonflame and Charizard without EV in Special Attack. Idk, in my opinion, this would make your sun team work better. I think Liepard is a very viable VGC pokemon. Aaron Zheng actually won Massachusetts Regionals with a Liepard on his team. At the same time though, he was able to do so because his team had more resistances and his pokemon was more speed oriented, allowing him to capitalize off of Liepard's attacks without taking too much damage. In your case though, I think Cresselia could cover a lot of your weaknesses, while at the same time, compensating for not having speed investment.

I think that you have a very solid team. If I was to go up against it, I would potentially lose because I am not too familiar with a sun team. I am analyzing this team based on what I see players bring while climbing 1700+. I hope you didn't take my criticism the wrong way though. I do like this team, I just think it could perform better, and I might be wrong but eh Smile

EDIT: I forgot about Chlorophyl. Too...lazy....to change. See I was wrong :P
Well, I mean, you could substitute for Venusaur's other ability. With your defensive investment, you could get a lot of HP back using Giga Drain + Ability.

Messages In This Thread
hi please rate my sun team - by Chimchared7 - Mar 29, 2015, 05:07 PM
RE: hi please rate my sun team - by Vietflame - Mar 30, 2015, 10:41 AM
RE: hi please rate my sun team - by z2porygon - Mar 30, 2015, 11:44 AM
RE: hi please rate my sun team - by Marcusube - Mar 30, 2015, 05:00 PM