Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] My First Mini VGC "Competition" Performance + Request for Advice
Howdy, everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted here, but know that I've been lurking in the shadows and reading everything in an attempt to soak up as much knowledge as possible!

I actually wanted to make this post for two reasons: 1) to tell you guys that I competed in my first little unofficial VGC event (nothing big or spectacular, so no CP points were earned or anything), and 2) to get some advice for a new team I need for something else coming up. For those of you who hate long posts--which I almost exclusively write, lol--I'll provide a TL;DR section at the very bottom.

Near the city where my husband and I live, a local bookstore hosted a fun practice competition for people who just wanted to get together with other Pokémon players and have a good time. There were only 41 people that attended, and no CP points were earned, but it was so much fun being in my first ever "competition" for this eSport, since I'm still quite new to competitive Pokémon! I had a blast, and would you guys believe that my Cherrim-Ninetails Sun Team took me to 19th place? Yeah, okay, that admittedly isn't a very good ranking, but I was still excited, nonetheless. At least I wasn't last, amirite?  :P

I do want to again thank everyone who helped me put that team together awhile back. I know that my request for aid in structuring such an odd team confused a lot of people, but quite a few of you were beyond gracious in providing the support, knowledge, and constructive criticism that I needed to find a nice middle ground between something completely unorthodox and something viable (but still cute, of course). For those who are curious, my team was Lopunny (Mega), Ninetails, Cherrim, Excadrill, Latios, and Rotom (Wash).

Okay, so now onto my request! A bunch of people that I met through this recent event are hosting another little gathering in roughly 2~3 weeks. It's still technically structured as a VGC practice event, but they are putting out the challenge for participants to not utilize any Legendaries (which is fine by me, because soft resetting for Latios was a *****). Again, no CP points are awarded since this is as unofficial as it gets (hey, I gotta start somewhere), so there's no pressure, but I'd like to try using a new team for this event.

Unfortunately, I still suck at building teams, and in spite of my efforts to improve at this, I admittedly have a long way to go. So, I was hoping someone could help me put together a team without Legendaries that I can use at this next gathering! As a reward/thank you for your time, I'm willing to breed any Pokémon (or a few, if you'd like more than one) that you want in exchange for your help.

I know that I want to try using either Mega Altaria or Mega Ampharos, but that's as far as I've gotten, lol. The rough draft that I've begun includes Mega Altaria and Crobat, but I have no idea where to go from here. Here's specifically what I have:

Altaria (Mega) w/ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine (Pixilate)
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpA / 60 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Nature: Modest
- Cotton Guard
- Hyper Voice
- Ice Bream/Heat Wave/Flamethrower (can't decide >.<)
- Roost

Crobat w/ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Protect
- Quick Guard
- Super Fang/Cross Poison (can't decide >.<)
- Tailwind

...And, that's all I've got. I'm just hitting a major wall here with how I even want this team to function. So, yeah. That's everything. Time for the succinct version of this post:

TL;DR - I recently played in my first unofficial VGC practice event, and I surprisingly didn't do that badly! There's an upcoming practice get-together that I'd like to participate in as well, but just as an added fun challenge, they'd like for participants to not use any Legendaries. Just to switch things up for myself, I'd like some help building a completely new team around either Mega Altaria or Mega Ampharos. As a form of thanks for your time and help, I'm willing to breed you any Pokémon that you'd like, or a few if you want more than one.

Thanks for any and all help, you guys!  Heart

xx

Messages In This Thread
My First Mini VGC "Competition" Performance + Request for Advice - by iflytoohigh - May 9, 2015, 03:35 PM