Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] My First Mini VGC "Competition" Performance + Request for Advice
(May 10, 2015, 04:04 PM)GMX Wrote: Talking about the team, i don't want to be the only one suggesting here. I may be wrong about an EV spread or a particular move. If that's the case  i hope someone, or even you, will notice my mistake. Let's jump into it:

Wow, you're the absolute best, GMX! Hopefully none of my new friends are anticipating my soon-to-be victory and scouting me out while my new team is in the works.  KappaHD  Thank you so much for such great detail! I love all of your suggestions and spreads--I can't wait to test it all out on Showdown before getting to the breeding fun.

Regarding the Conkeldurr, I actually do have one that I got a few weeks back in a trade. Apparently it's got a popular spread that I guess has been circulating, but I haven't yet tried it out. Here's what it is:

Conkeldurr w/ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 20 HP/ 244 Atk / 12 Def / 228 SpD / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

What do you think? A lot of punches on there.  :P We can adjust the moves some, but he should be ready to go. And, if I need to wipe the EVs with a reset bag and redistribute some things, it's no trouble. Otherwise, it's set to go!

If Conkeldurr is too slow, would something like Primeape be better, perhaps? I do have a 6IV Mankey just chilling that I haven't ever messed with, so if that's an option, I'd be glad to raise her up to a Primeape and get some EV training going for her.

Also, was there a Pokémon you'd like me to breed and train for you? ^^ I actually quite enjoy the process, so let me know if there's something I can send your way as soon as I get started with my own breeding process.

Once we flesh out whether my Conkeldurr works (or if Mankey is a suitable sub), I'll get some practice rounds in on Pokémon Showdown, then I'll get started with breeding, training, and testing the team out on Battle Spot. Hopefully any kinks will come out before I start breeding.

Thanks so much, again!  Heart

xx

Messages In This Thread
RE: My First Mini VGC "Competition" Performance + Request for Advice - by iflytoohigh - May 10, 2015, 09:50 PM