Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Netherlandish's Teams
(Jun 7, 2015, 01:53 PM)Netherlandish Wrote: With ridding Dragonite I get rid of a fairy and an ice weakness. There. Issue solved.

Not a bad choice  Sleepy

(Jun 7, 2015, 01:53 PM)Netherlandish Wrote: With everyone and their dog running Mega-Kang because originality and meta do not mix, Sucker Punch is usually a good opener on the first turn when the speed buff isn't accounted for.

It's not a good opener since all Kangaskhan carry Fake Out or Protect; not to mention if the slot you aimed Sucker Punch at either protected or is under the effects of Quick Guard then you just put your Absol at risk.

(Jun 7, 2015, 01:53 PM)Netherlandish Wrote: And Aegislash gets his own special protect analogue. So there.

Sleepy

(Jun 7, 2015, 01:53 PM)Netherlandish Wrote: I was going to run Muddy Water, but from my research Kingdra can only learn it through breeding which nullifies the reason I have her on my team to begin with.
I figured out what you originally meant by the crit nullifying the stat debuff a while ago from a youtuber (I wanna say it was Verlisify? I could be wrong) due to it being worded better. I would like to give it Draco Meteor except evidently the only way to do that in ORAS is to have your friendship be max with your dragon-type pokémon with is a bunch of bollocks with a side-order of chips.
My Kingdra can more often than not shrug off a hit on the turn it uses Focus Energy, unless it's another Draco Meteor in which case I wouldn't be dumb enough to keep it sitting in the open if that were the case.

Again, this is why I said you need redirection to set up Focus Energy along with speed control so your Kingdra doesn't get outsped and knocked out. Kingdra is relatively frail after all.

(Jun 7, 2015, 01:53 PM)Netherlandish Wrote: Nidoking is actually one of the faster pokés on my team, so I don't really have much issue there.

Faster in comparison to the other mons on your team isn't what matters. It is how fast your Nidoking is compared to the other mons in the format or the ones that the opponent is using. Max speed modest nature pulls you around 130-135 speed and that gets easily outsped by Kangaskhan, Garchomp, Salamence, Landorus-T, Aerodactyl etc. Speed control is necessary because Nidoking is really frail and needs to hit first at all times to be effective at all

(Jun 7, 2015, 01:53 PM)Netherlandish Wrote: I'm an idiot, I meant Magic Coat, not Mirror Coat. Though, I will try out the pixie plate item instead, maybe that'll give Hyper Voice that extra punch it needs sometimes.
Though, I have an idea to just rid Sylveon off the team and replace with Mega-Gardevoir or something along those lines.

Not a bad choice, go for it  Cool

(Jun 7, 2015, 01:53 PM)Netherlandish Wrote: I'm thinking of replacing Dragonite with something like Talonflame. A decent support poké with priority Tailwind and Roost. Everyone is running it so why not? Not to mention some fire-type attacks would make for decent coverage.

Adding Talonflame brings back the first issue which is your team being too hyper offensive. If you need Tailwind and Roost, go for Togekiss. Its bulkier, harder to one shot, has Serene Grace Air Slash which flinches opponents 60% of the time and Follow Me support for your Kingdra. By the way, never use the "everyone is running it so I should too" statement. Phrases like that are a cancer to the metagame since it's basically saying to do what everyone else is doing which means that you're taking the creativity aspect out of the game which makes it bland.

(Jun 7, 2015, 01:53 PM)Netherlandish Wrote: My plan currently is as thus; remove Dragonite, Sylveon, M-Absol, and Doublade. Replace with Chestnaught, M-Gardevoir, Talonflame, and Aegislash.
Chestnaught build I believe I've already posted in this thread, and would love to get around to breeding if starters weren't such a right pain in the arse and it's just been chaos.
M-Gardevoir would fill in as my mega with getting rid of M-Absol, and is a lot better than Sylveon what with them learning the same moves anyhow.
Talonflame is run by a lot of people online so why not just hop on that bandwagon.
And I've already made my case about Aegislash.

Your biggest issue is going to be dealing with opposing Talonflame, Aegislash, Gengar, Charizard-Y, Thundurus-I and Landorus-T if you take that route. But lets see what happens  Dodgy
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Netherlandish's Teams - by Netherlandish - Apr 30, 2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Netherlandish's Teams - by Marcusube - Apr 30, 2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Netherlandish's Teams - by Netherlandish - Apr 30, 2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Netherlandish's Teams - by Syltphademus - Apr 30, 2015, 06:43 PM
RE: Netherlandish's Teams - by Netherlandish - May 1, 2015, 08:44 AM
RE: Netherlandish's Teams - by Slec - May 1, 2015, 09:47 AM
RE: Netherlandish's Teams - by Netherlandish - May 1, 2015, 01:14 PM
RE: Netherlandish's Teams - by Netherlandish - May 3, 2015, 12:43 PM
RE: Netherlandish's Teams - by Marcusube - May 3, 2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Netherlandish's Teams - by Chimchared7 - May 10, 2015, 08:45 AM