Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon Nationals; What Do You Expect To See?
Double posting, but felt like it should be here out in the open since we're on the subject.
While I don't think their are any counters to the duo, there are some decent checks.

GMX pointed out 2 that work well together. Conkeldurr and Cresselia. While they both end up getting 2HKO'd by the duo, you can basically guarantee that one is taken out while the other is damaged. (This is possible Landorus doesn't have a Yache Berry/Assault Vest) Ice beam Lando with Cress, Ice Punch Thundurus with Conk. Mach punch Lando while ice beaming thundurus game 2. The mach punch is a roll if the lando is built bulky. But it's still a nice chance. It's not the best trade if Thundurus has HP-Flying, but it works.

Bisharp and Conkeldurr. I explained above. Defiant boost sucker punch Lando + Ice Punch Thundurus. Just like the last one, they won't be OHKO'd. Lando can live +1 SP even with a life orb if it's built bulky. Thundurus will be 2HKO'd by ice punch. EQ will KO bisharp and do a decent chunk to Conk. Conk will die to HP-flying from Thundurus too.

Terrakion and Latios. A tactic my sister uses a lot. Ice beam lando with Latios and stone edge Thundurus with Terrakion. This can be a problem if Lando is scarfed w/ knock off to OHKO Latios. My sister's is EV'd to have a chance to live, so there's that. Lando can also live Ice beam with Yache berry. Terrakion has 2 problems. It's basically begging to be thunder waved, and Lando can pop it with a EQ. Still, these are 2 good mons and they can make your opponent make a missplay if they don't understand the current fight.

Landorus and Thundurus. Just stone edge Thundurus with your Lando and HP Ice Landorus with your thundurus. WE MADE IT! S P E E D T I E S B O Y S

Granted, you could always over extend and lead with one of these pairs while your opponent leads 2 other mons that hard counter these. take this with a grain of salt, and please understand.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Nationals; What Do You Expect To See? - by Rogue - Jun 22, 2015, 04:21 PM