Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Competitive VGC Idea. Need help
(Jul 5, 2015, 09:37 PM)Curtistharder Wrote: So I was wonder trade Wednesday and got a shiny Purugly. I looked at the speed and Purugly has INCREDIBLE speed And not so good attack. ((Being the next highest stat.)) and it has Own Tempo. So what I was thinking having a Double Kitty Strat. I want to put Meowstic on the field with Purugly. Prankster Swagger on Purugly with Own Tempo means that I don't need to have that extra turn to set up Safeguard. I also put thunder wave on Meowstic for faster Pokemon that depend on speed and light screen, Relect for duel screens. For Purugly I have Fake Out for priority, Knock Off, Play Rough, both for coverage, and Return for Stab. For Items I thought Purugly can have either a Focus sash or a Life orb.

Now what I am having Trouble with is building my team around this Idea. When I tried this strat out I am able to get 1-2 KO with Purugly and Meowstic and I don't know what to back it up with. I think a Specs Sylveon with Hyper voice might be an Option but that's all I got.

I think it is a good idea but I need help with developing the Idea and make it work

It's not a bad idea for a strategy but consider the fact that even at +2 Purugly still misses out on KOs, not to mention that it is a frail Pokemon. I could see this working but I think you would need a better support option than Meowstic. Perhaps Liepard, Sableye or even Thundurus-I if you're comfortable with legendaries. They have move speed, access to Taunt and better offensive/supportive options.
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Competitive VGC Idea. Need help - by Curtistharder - Jul 5, 2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Competitive VGC Idea. Need help - by Confused Q - Jul 6, 2015, 07:57 AM
RE: Competitive VGC Idea. Need help - by Marcusube - Jul 6, 2015, 12:24 PM