Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Rains & Winds with Twists & Turns a Team's Tale.
I'm going to share my thoughts about the team:

When i saw Wacan Berry Politoed i was like "he's using Sitrus Berry on another pokemon, so Wacan makes sense" but scrolling down the post i've noticed that you are not using Sitrus at all. I think that a Sitrus Berry could help you to stay around for more time. For example, with that bulky EV spread + Sitrus Berry you can survive a Double-Edge from M-Kang and a 252 SpA Gardevoir Hyper Voice is a 3HKO. Not bad imo.. since you also have a decent offensive potential.

Wide Lens Kingdra is not the best Kingdra.. both Draco Meteor and Muddy Water have a shaky accuracy but that is part of the game. You do have to rely on these moves as much as a Rotom-W relies on W-o-W / HydroPump for example. A damage boosting item on Kingdra helps you to get the most possible damage from any Muddy Water / Draco Meteor you are going to connect (and if you calculate a Helping Hand boost too.. the damage output is insane) so maybe a Life Orb might even work. For the EV spread i don't know.. usually Ludicolo hits a speed stat enough to outspeed a Scarfed Jolly Lando-T, so you may speed creep that stat by 1 more point if possible.

I gave LO to Kingdra so i would use Expert Belt on Zapdos. It still gets the same OHKOs or 2HKOs. Anyway Thunder is a risky move, due to the fact that without the Rain it has just 70% accuracy. In a weather war you can't rely much on this move. Drill Peck is an interesting choice by the way :P

Not much to say about M-Mawile, except for the fact that you may want to outspeed just the Virizion/Terrakion speed tier because M-Mence is not really a threat for this team and you have many options to OHKO it.

If your opponent has Gastrodon you are forced to bring Amoonguss, which is not the ideal pokemon for every match. I would use something like Ferrothorn in this slot, because it helps you against opposing Rain mirror matches, it gives you an important offensive Steel and Grass type support and you can set up the late game with Ferrothorn as your win condition in a lot of battles.

I don't know if Lum Berry is the best item on Malamar, cause you can just Superpower away your Atk drop easily. Maybe, and i say maybe, you can test an Assault Vest variant with Rock Slide coverage in its 4th slot. It can help against oppising M-CharY wars since you will tank 2 Heat Waves easily (go to +1 with Superpower while you setup Tailwind with Zapdos and you have a +1 Rock Slide outspeeding M-CharY). You may adjust the EV spread too if you are going to test AV, according to your preferences.

Good luck with this team :P

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rains & Winds with Twists & Turns a Team's Tale. - by GiMYz - Jul 22, 2015, 04:24 AM