Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] 2nd Competitive team for VGC
Well, this is certainly an interesting team. Here are my 2 cents:

GET RID OF EXCADRILL! Almost every thing your Excadrill is trying to do is done better by Metagross. You should never make Excadrill bulky. He has too many weaknesses, and far too low defense. AND NEVER. EVER! Make Excadrill a special attacker. He has a special attack of 50. Let me say that again. He has a special attack, or 50. Psyduck has a base special attack of 65. You are better off using a Psyduck that a special Excadrill (was that a bit harsh? I'm sorry). In this case, I would run a Metagross with either Assault Vest or Leftovers, 252 Hp, 252 Atk, and Adamant. He should have Meteor Mash (or Iron Head), Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch, and Protect, but if you are running AV, Rock Slide would fit right in.

Your Charizard looks pretty good to be honest. I like it. I would replace Overheat with Fire Pledge, because Pledge teams have some true power behind them. You have to be careful with Focus Blast, because it could come back to bite you.

Venusaur looks good too. I would replace Leaf Storm with Grass Pledge, but other than that, it looks beautiful.

Talonflame looks very well made as well. I would run Adamant instead of Jollly, and replace Steel Wing with Quick Guard, but other than that, I like it.

Ah, Dragonite. I like you. I have never run him Banded, but I wouldn't. He has too much utility to be banded in my opinion. I would run max HP and max Attack investment. Or you could go Jolly with Max Attack and Max Speed. Ether way, get rid of Thunderbolt and put in Protect.

Now, lets look at Snorlax. He already takes next to nothing from a Special standpoint. I would run Adamant and go 252 Atk, 252 Def. Then I would run Double Edge, Protect, Ice Punch, and then Rock Slide. I would have a Sitrius Berry and have Thick Fat.

Messages In This Thread
2nd Competitive team for VGC - by Chorc - Jul 28, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: 2nd Competitive team - by cactus_jack12794 - Jul 28, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: 2nd Competitive team - by Chorc - Jul 28, 2015, 04:54 PM
RE: 2nd Competitive team for VGC - by Delta - Jul 28, 2015, 07:03 PM
RE: 2nd Competitive team for VGC - by Marcusube - Jul 29, 2015, 09:14 AM
RE: 2nd Competitive team for VGC - by Chorc - Jul 31, 2015, 06:22 PM
RE: 2nd Competitive team for VGC - by Marcusube - Aug 1, 2015, 06:52 AM
RE: 2nd Competitive team for VGC - by Chorc - Aug 3, 2015, 09:03 AM