Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Building my first team!
This team. It is really good. I love Ampharos and Jellicent, and together, they make an awesome Trick Room Team. I can't help too much with EV's because they are completely personal preference, and experimentation would work well with them. Now for in depth coverage:

Ampharos:
Honestly, this is nearly the Ampharos I'd run. I would replace Focus Blast with Charge Beam, but Focus Blast is better, so keep it.

Jellicent:
I would like to know why you used the EV's you used. I wouldn't put as many EV's into SpA, but you probably have a reason. The moveset looks good. Wouldn't change a thing.

Sylveon:
I would again love to know why you used the EV's. Otherwise, the moveset looks really good. I understand that the item can be hard, but keep the Pixie Plate, because you never want to be walled by Wide Guard.

Clawitzer:
So far your team is looking good, but here is the first thing I would revise. I have never used Clawitzer, but I have also never found it intimidating. Heatran could work pretty well in this situation. You do need a Fire type, or at least a Steel type. Aegislash would also fit in. Whatever set you use for these pokemon is up to you.

Togekiss:
Yes, get rid of this pokemon. It does nothing for your team, and is completely out of place. Like, a Pachirisu in worl- WAIT! You mean to tell me that Pachirisu won worlds? Well then. Togekiss does about as much for your team as Magikarp. HOWEVER! A redirect pokemon is very good. So, lets look at a redirect pokemon that is, slow, bulky, and has outside utility. Lets see, Pachirisu? No. Furret? No. Togekiss/Togetic? No. Clefairy/Clefable? Maybe. Amoongus? ALL OF THE YES! Not only is it bulky, but it is super slow, and has Spore, which is a massive pain for your opponents to deal with. I mean, wouldn't you like to have a pokemon using a 100 accuracy move going first, and that pokemon also has good bulk? No? THEN GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!

Weavile:
As with most of your team, not much work needs to be done here. I like it. You could replace Focus Sash with Life Orb, assuming you replace Clawitzer, but it isn't needed.

Overall, your team is very good. For the bulky pokemon, I would recommend playing around in the Pokemon Showdown damage calculator to see the EV's, and play lots with this team. You will learn it's ins and outs, and you will become very good at pokemon. This is, of course, just my 2 cents. However, I am going to charge you a nickle, because my hand hurts a bit from writing this.

Messages In This Thread
Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 2, 2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by Delta - Aug 2, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by DanielJames - Aug 2, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 3, 2015, 04:52 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 3, 2015, 05:16 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by Marcusube - Aug 3, 2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by Delta - Aug 3, 2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 4, 2015, 10:12 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by Marcusube - Aug 4, 2015, 02:49 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by Chimchared7 - Aug 4, 2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 6, 2015, 04:26 PM