Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Building my first team!
Thanks for the replies! So after reading both of your responses I've decided to change the Clawitzer and Togekiss spots:

[Image: conkeldurr.gif]
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Level: 50
EVs: 20 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def / 228 SpD
Adamant
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Knock Off
-Ice Punch

I really liked the sound of Conkeldurr as he adds some offensive pressure in the form of physical attacks which I didn't have a great amount of before. I went with the moveset suggest and after a few games have found it pretty successful although I might consider swapping Ice Punch for Poison Jab as currently I feel I have very little to counter fairy types. My only concern would be that from what I've played so far with him he does seem relatively easy to KO but that could just be me bringing him when I shouldn't and leaving him exposed etc. I will try to get some replays of games as well now so you can see what I'm doing in a match situation!

[Image: amoonguss.gif]
Amoongus @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed
-Rage Powder
-Spore
-Sludge Bomb
-Protect

Already I love this Pokemon so thanks to both of you for suggesting it! Its just so useful in a ton of situations and the sludge bomb for fairy types has been invaluable at times in my first few matches. I feel with Amoongus and Weavile I have two great options to lead with Jellicent and get Trick Room set up. So far in fact I don't think there's been a game where I haven't managed to get Trick Room up initially, so thats a good sign (although I realise I'm playing at a low elo Cool )

With Weavile, I understand your point DanielJames, but I have found at times his speed to be helpful as so far in a lot of my games I end up with Trick Room running out and in that situation Weavile can be invaluable. I can switch him back in for the fake out or if he's already in I have the speed to move first and maybe get a faint! I also lie his move set as Knock Off gets rid of Aegislash and Icicle Crash is a powerful STAB for Dragons etc.

It's great to get you're help and already I'm learning a ton so thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 2, 2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by Delta - Aug 2, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by DanielJames - Aug 2, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 3, 2015, 04:52 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 3, 2015, 05:16 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by Marcusube - Aug 3, 2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by Delta - Aug 3, 2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 4, 2015, 10:12 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by Marcusube - Aug 4, 2015, 02:49 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by Chimchared7 - Aug 4, 2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 6, 2015, 04:26 PM