Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Building my first team!
@Marcusube

Wow man, I really appreciate the amount of time you've obviously put into that!

So I've changed the team up and had a chance to play a few games with it today. Unfortunately I haven't done that well. I find after watching your replays that you played very different to me as up until now I have been just misdirect/fake out + trick rooming on the first turn every time. After watching you I saw the value to be had in using that expectation to sometimes attack first instead etc. I think my biggest thing right now is I struggle to predict well which mons the opponent is going to bring and I often forget what moves/threats the opponents Pokemon have when making my decisions during the battle.

Any further insight into how I should approach matches in general would be great and I will make an effort to get a few more replays with the new team for analysis if you or anyone has time to watch them!

Thanks again for all the help you given me!

@Delta

I must admit from the games I've played so far I haven't used wide guard all that much but tbh that could just be because I'm so new to all this and I'm not playing effectively haha. I think I will have to follow your advice and play more for sure, been enjoying this new element to Pokemon a lot! Looking forward to getting the team bred now so I can play for real rather than just on showdown but don't want to start until I know for sure my team and movesets!

Messages In This Thread
Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 2, 2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by Delta - Aug 2, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by DanielJames - Aug 2, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 3, 2015, 04:52 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 3, 2015, 05:16 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by Marcusube - Aug 3, 2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by Delta - Aug 3, 2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 4, 2015, 10:12 AM
RE: Building my first team! - by Marcusube - Aug 4, 2015, 02:49 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by Chimchared7 - Aug 4, 2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Building my first team! - by ozzyk92 - Aug 6, 2015, 04:26 PM