Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Stall n Brawl! VGC stall/sweep team must see!
Here you have a Mawile EV'd to outspeed Mence by 1 point under Tailwind. If your Tailwind setter can OHKO Mence, why EV it to achieve such a goal?

A combination of Super Fang + Sucker Punch makes more sense seeing as how you can chip the opponent down to a range in which they will be OHKOd without having to risk getting outsped the following turn.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 188 HP / 68 Def Sylveon: 186-219 (95.8 - 112.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Play Rough already has a good enough chance to OHKO Sylveon so your reason for running Iron Head is a bit redundant.

The problem I see with Noivern is that it gets walled clean by Fairy types, doesn't have enough offensive or supportive impact on the field and is an easy picking for any mon that outspeeds. You know, Landorus, Terrakion, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Thundurus-T scarfed etc. In my opinion, for this role, Crobat would be more effective. It has more bulk, Inner Focus allows it to always get up Tailwind first turn and it has a better defensive typing than Noivern. The only issue would be the loss of Telepathy and Dragon coverage but even then, Noivern couldn't get much work in before getting bodied.

Relying on RNG.....hiss

Anyways, Ludicolo works well without the rain, however, it isn't a mon that works well under stall conditions. What I mean is, this little mexican duck gets destroyed by strong physical attackers and sometimes even special attackers.

A Smogon stall set in VGC.... Sigh

I wouldn't recommend running heavy stall in VGC especially if you plan to go up against experienced players. I'm going to be honest here. Vaporeon is a good mon and has potential for VGC, but this just isn't the way. With the abundance of strong electric types and bulky grass types in VGC, you know, Thundurus, Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Raichu, Zapdos, Venusaur, Rotom and so forth, Vaporeon gets shat on easily. Not to mention this mon isn't tanking Hyper Voices from Sylveon and Gardevoir and Double Edges from Kangaskhan and Salamence anytime soon. With it being pressured by so much in the meta, why run it.

I'd say scrap Ludicolo and Vaporeon and go for a basic Politoed + Kingdra core. Use combinations such as Encore + Disable, Helping Hand + Muddy Water/Surf and really drive some offense into it. You can stall all you want with Toxic if you please, the point is this attacking mode easily deals with common threats to stall if played properly

You have Rain already, why is Tyranitar here. Tyranitar is a very strong mon in VGC. I say this from my experience using and facing it. The problem is, it doesn't synergize with this team. If you need to counter Steel types, bring Pokemon with Ground, Fighting or Fire moves. Steel types kill Rock types and with Tyranitar you put yourself in 50/50 situations especially with Aegislash.

Thundurus ey? To be honest, Thundurus only stays on the field for so long in most matches because of Sitrus Berry. Outside of that, this mon is an easy 2HKO. Off the bat, anything that threatens Thundurus and can creep past Mawile and Ludicolo can crush the offensive core of this team and force you to use stall. Amoonguss and Ferrothorn come to mind here. Sure you can taunt Amoonguss but that buys the opponent time to deal with Thundurus. I still don't get why Rain Dance is on this set. Other than boosting Ludicolo's speed and the damage of Surf and Scald and disrupting opposing weather teams, what really is it doing?

I'm going to be honest again. I can't comprehend this team and how it functions, nor can I see it getting far on the ladder or in a Premier Challenge or Tournament. This team is too gimmicky and each gimmick looks like it complements each team member but it kinda works like this. It helps 2 mons on the team and hinders the rest from fully functioning. Not saying bad team but I would have to see more of it before I can even make a proper analysis on it
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stall n Brawl! VGC stall/sweep team must see! - by Marcusube - Aug 7, 2015, 09:00 AM