Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

DJ's Square One (Mega Lucario)
Hello forum! So I'm starting a new thread idea that I like to call DanielJames' Square One. What is Square One you ask? Well let me tell you!

Each week, I'll post a Pokémon that I want to build a competitive VGC team around. Instead of using common Pokémon like Mega Kangaskhan, however, I want to use Pokémon that aren't as commonly used in the format. Essentially, the idea is that I post my own set for the Pokémon of the week and the forum helps me build a team around it. Now just because the Pokémon that I choose for the week isn't as commonly used, that doesn't mean that rest of the team has to be uncommon as well. If Landorus-T makes sense on the team, then we'll add it. The point of this thread is that the forum gets to work together and build competitive teams that we might not otherwise come up with by ourselves. I think that it's a great way for forum members to get to know each other and get creative. So without further ado, let's jump in!

I chose Mega Lucario this week because it's an overlooked Pokémon in the VGC format. It's a relatively frail Pokémon, but it has great offensive typing, can be ran as a physical or special attacker, and can surprisingly provide some support for it's allies. Here is the build that I came up with.

[Image: lucario_mega_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49dl.gif]
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Quick Guard
- Protect

I opted for a special Lucario because of the abundance of Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp users in the scene. Because Lucario has poor defenses (70/88/70), I invested in max Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature. Quick Guard is my surprise factor, allowing Lucario to block Prankster users and priority attacks. Lucario has great offensive typing, being able to scare Mega Kangaskhan and Fairy-types like Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir with Adaptability-boosted STAB attacks.

Do you have a different build for Lucario? What Pokémon would you pair with it? You don't have to provide a complete team, just list a Pokémon or two that you think would help Mega Lucario shine. Hopefully this idea catches on and we build some great teams!

-DanielJames

Messages In This Thread
DJ's Square One (Mega Lucario) - by DanielJames - Aug 27, 2015, 07:22 PM
RE: DJ's Square One (Mega Lucario) - by Delta - Aug 27, 2015, 07:44 PM
RE: DJ's Square One (Mega Lucario) - by Marcusube - Aug 27, 2015, 08:04 PM
RE: DJ's Square One (Mega Lucario) - by DanielJames - Aug 27, 2015, 10:04 PM
RE: DJ's Square One (Mega Lucario) - by Delta - Aug 28, 2015, 07:52 AM