Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Pranking a Prankster!
Cool, thought I'd chuck my two cents into the mix. Not a bad looking team, still needs quite a bit of work.
Obligatory, remember to adhere to the forums rules, you haven't even included damage calcs for the EV spreads you've chosen (or why you've chosen them).

However, there's quite a few gaping holes in your team building. Interesting choice going for M-Sableye but realistically magic bounce will never really be needed. Its all good and well being able to repel those taunts and spores, but a taunted thundurus is still a huge offensive pressure, and breloom / amoongy can't even get put to sleep. M-sableye seem to be something you like, so I wont say the obvious 'run Prank sableye' [but you probably should]. If you just wanted the pokemon for magic bounce then I would heavily suggest Espeon, which can still sunny day / charm / toxic etc.
If your'e still going to stick with M-Sableye, then here's a few pointers. Your're running far too much support, it has practically 0 offensive pressure against the popular amoongus and gengar. I'd suggest more:

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Calm Nature
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul play
- Protect / recover.

Playing stall moves such as W-o-W without some form recovery / protection is ludicrous. The w-o-w FF heatran is a nice idea but will not work in practice. M-sabl without prankster is slower that a [scarfed] Heatran and therefore will not activate FF until the end of the turn, by which the frailty of heatran will have become obvious and it may have been OHKO's by any of the popular VGC appearances, kang, landy-T and the like. This is also true for the sunny day set-up, which has another downside of halving the scald damage from swampert. Nice idea for weather disruption, but theres a reason why people use switch-in abilities to set rain. A slow pokemon like M-sable will set weather at the end of the turn, by which the opponent will have dealt its weather boosted damage. There's also a reason why scrappy-kang is run. A fake out still flinches ghost types, allowing for others to damage / faint the fairly weak sableye.

Your reason for scarfing Heatran is fairly silly. Mirror matches are meant to be dealt with by other pokemon, its why VGC is a doubles tournament. If your'e that worried about outspeeding another heatran, try:

Heatran @ Shuca berry / air baloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Once again, no protect on heatran will leave it a severely open target, VGC is about keeping your pokemon on the field, not trying to sweep immediately and leaving yourself crippled for late game. Chuck on a shuca / air baloon to deal with ground types, and remember, a team must have synergy, not just focus on taking down a single opponent.

M-Salamence is a good mega (my favorite) to run with this team, but D-dance is fairly pointless. Double-edge can OHKO most things anyway and M-mence already outspeeds. taking a turn to set up will usually leave you open for a faint / revenge kill, especially as you're only running single target moves.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Protect
- Double-Edge
- Tailwind

Tailwind is a better option to d-dance, it gives the rest of your team more suitability (and helps your heatran with its speed problem).

Keep the staraptor if you want, but quite honestly your just focusing on its offensive pressure again, rather than its synergy with the rest of your team. looking at team magma team builder, your'e lacking quite a lot of coverage. Here's the link:

http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?30...98|598|485

honestly I'd swap staraptor for something with more coverage, and the best option I can think of is the unusual Scarf-gardevoir or the standard sylveon.

Gardevoir @ Choice scarf
Ability: Trace
Ev's: 12Hp / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Timid nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow ball
- dazzling gleam
- Psychic

or

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 92 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- HP Ground

Adding one of these two also removes one of your teams ice weaknesses. and gives you a far more balanced team: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?30...00|598|485

Swampert looks cool, I tend to run gastrodon @ expert belt instead. Does the same job, has more offensive pressure, functions better under trick room, and water absorb pairs fantastically with Heatran.

With ferrothorn, honestly T-wave isn't a very good idea. You're already running tailwind, and have W-o-W as a status inflict-er. Plus ferros speed is so piss poor that even a half-speed charizard outspeeds it. I'd probably go for:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Hope this helps, you still have a lot of work to do and I ain't going anywhere near your EV spreads without any reasoning and calcs. Your team need more synergy and coverage, if you say two pokemon are meant to work together, you need to think of how that will play out in a turn-by-turn battle scenario, e.g your M-sable and heatran does not have as much realist synergy as you'd hope.

Messages In This Thread
Pranking a Prankster! - by Pokeventurer - Sep 3, 2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Pranking a Prankster! - by Delta - Sep 3, 2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Pranking a Prankster! - by LDS kasumi - Sep 3, 2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Pranking a Prankster! - by Aether - Sep 3, 2015, 03:47 PM
RE: Pranking a Prankster! - by Strandmy1 - Sep 4, 2015, 09:00 AM
RE: Pranking a Prankster! - by Justin - Sep 3, 2015, 03:59 PM