Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Sand with Mega-Salamence team
Hey! nice write up!
A few points i wanna consider here:

. Please add a bit of description to the EV spreads u choose (the 252/252/4 one's are understandable, however many won't recognize the specialized spreads) u can
freely edit the post anytime

. Salamence: u are running a strange EV investment, most mixed variants Opt to go for the naive nature, instead of jolly and like to run split offensive investments (even 252 atk/252 spe/4 sp.atk ones are good)

. Tyranitar: you are running earthquake on your tyranitar, however i have seen popular players run ice beams on the same variant as u run (EVs), it can be handy the salamences and the landorus' you expect to switch in into you or even the one's who try to cripple your leads (sand mode) whereas there isn't much room, when u already have a pokemon like excadrill to use EQ.

. Excadrill: a good call there, i do like that you run an adamant sashed variant to catch other's off-guard and still deal more damage Wink

. Thundurus: you said that it doesn't get's used at all right? i would suggest rotom-w in this slot, it can effectively deal with the thundy+lando lead and cripple it, it can absorb any water type attacks against your rain duo. it is also immune to speed control of t-wave which can work greatly in favor of making defensive switch in's.

. Aegislash: you run a spread which conquers the point of surviving 252+ specs hydreigon's dark pulse right? i made a better spread that a user here suggested to me, this is the following:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Level: 50
EVs: 236 HP / 12 Atk / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 20 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball

it does the same things, however get's some offensive potential, this spread is a sassy nature one to avoid attack drop, you can still keep your moveset, but try out the EV spread. also wanted to question the choice of lefties in absense of sub? is it supposed to be a mind-game tactic or just for recovery? if not that way, you can try out items like WP and LO on it.

. Milotic: it's fine to me, however the defensive EV's need an explanation. another thing is that most milotics like to use recover to get up that annoying serpent stance. if you wanna drop the lefties on aegi, try em on milo, it will kinda make it immune to sand chip damage.

. Team Weaknesses:
Well from as of it is right now your team looks weak to the following things:
. Amoongus (powder moves in general, try out safety goggles on aegislash or even milotic, to counter em with a surprise)
. Landorus (it is a big threat to the team, adding rotom-w will greatly help).
. Trick room destroys your team, running slower T-tar might help.

Hope these suggestions help you out! Smile

Messages In This Thread
Sand with Mega-Salamence team - by Avolta - Sep 8, 2015, 09:50 AM
RE: Sand with Mega-Salamence team - by Pokeventurer - Sep 8, 2015, 11:42 AM
RE: Sand with Mega-Salamence team - by Avolta - Sep 10, 2015, 12:11 PM