Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] VGC Doubles Team help
Your team is well built. It only has 2 double weaknesses, being grass and fighting. However, as you're already aware; You need more than just a safe team when it comes to resistances/weaknesses.

I only have 2 suggestions, which is a good thing because that means your team is rather solid. However, keep in mind no team is perfect. A team will always have some small issues.

Anywho, moving on. Let me touch up on Cresselia, Mega Kangaskhan, and Talonflame.

You said you wanted Cresselia to be somewhat of a "counter" to mega kang. I get the idea, but I think you should have another way to beat Kang. Kang can still hit you very hard, and Cresselia can only do decent damage. However, this doesn't mean to change Cresselia. Calm mind cresselia is excellent, and this set is perfect.

As for mega Kang, you opted for power up punch. Once again this is just fine. However, on a 1v1 against your standard jolly max speed max attack mega kangaskhan with lowkick, you lose 1v1.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that we should add another pokemon that can really hit Kangaskhan hard! Once again, I love the calm mind cress and bulky power up punch kang. Keep these.

Now, let's talk Talonflame. I'm a firm believer that Talonflame just really isn't that good for vgc15. Landorus, Thundurus, Heatran, Suicune, etc are all common and beat Talonflame one on one. They eat a brave bird easily, and can OHKO it right back. However, let's look at the good Talonflame brings for your team.

It can beat Ferrothorn, and fighting types.
However.. It's very easy to prevent Talonflame from doing these 2 things. Talonflame is so frail, ferrothorn can easily predict a flare blitz, protect, and their ally can OHKO it. Not to mention, iron barbs + rocky helmet + brave bird basically equals a dead talonflame. Another problem is that their aren't many pokemon in the "meta" who are weak to flying types.

Which really leaves it to it's fire typing to have use, since brave bird is easily lived by most of the top used pokemon. The speed/priority of brave bird is nice, but we can sub that later.

Fire is a really good typing this year, yet it has problems. 1. Physical fire moves can be king shielded by aegislash, making it easy for it to live and KO the opposing fire type. & 2. Heatran.

So, cutting it short we basically want a Pokemon who can use special fire type attacks, KO heatran, and is still speedy like Talonflame.

Blaziken.

Adlet Mayer (Blaziken) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Speed Boost  
Level: 50  
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 SpA / 156 Spe  
Naughty Nature  
- Overheat  
- Low Kick  
- Rock Slide  
- Protect

(Too lazy to remove the nickname lol)

This is the Blaziken that I use. It can also take T-Flames life orb. With Overheat you can easily KO aegislash, ferrothorn, and more without being scared of iron barbs/rocky helmet/king shield. On the off chance your opponent doubles into heatran who is immune to fire; Well.. We can follow up by outspeeding it and OHKO'ing it with low kick. This also helps you beat opposing mega Kangs, remember when we talked about cress and your kang? You can switch up rock slide as you wish, I just like it to deal with thundurus and the like.

(with blaziken on the team, we also gain a way to combat dark types that threaten cresselia.)

This last one is mostly a suggestion. But I say drop rotom-wash for zapdos.
You could really drop either swampert or rotom for zapdos really, this will drop your double grass weakness and give you another bulky fighting resistance. Ontop of that Zapdos offers tailwind. Nothing scarier than a bulky kangaskhan under tailwind. Big power.
it also helps your match up a little against rain teams, which is nice.

I like both rotom-wash and swampert; I like the trick idea. But I feel like swampert is too good to drop considering it can handle dual genies rather easily. So i vote for rotom wash to be brought off. But then again, rotom wash deals with rain teams even better than zapdos. So, it's really up to you if you even want to take this advice.

Kaminari (Zapdos) @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Pressure  
Level: 50  
EVs: 232 HP / 40 Def / 20 SpA / 100 SpD / 116 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Thunderbolt  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Tailwind  
- Roost

The zapdos I use, stolen from user Black117.

I hope any of this helps.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
VGC Doubles Team help - by bdsaxophone - Sep 8, 2015, 10:01 PM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by Rogue - Sep 9, 2015, 01:06 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by bdsaxophone - Sep 9, 2015, 11:37 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by hi15361 - Sep 9, 2015, 01:07 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by Aether - Sep 9, 2015, 01:50 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by DanielJames - Sep 9, 2015, 08:07 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by MegaGallade475 - Sep 9, 2015, 01:35 PM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by Podfighterninja123 - Sep 9, 2015, 03:12 PM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by Marcusube - Sep 9, 2015, 10:33 PM