Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] VGC Doubles Team help
Try this edited version of this team. It will probably help, but don't go just off of my opinion. Sorry, but I thought removing Smeargle was necessary.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect
[/list]

Smeargle is a pretty frail Pokemon, and most teams will be able to counter it effectively. You shouldn't rely on Mega Kangaskhan to protect it since most teams counter that as well. Amoonguss is a way better alternative since it is very bulky, gets Spore, and gets Rage Powder.

Mega-Kangaskhan @ Kangashanite
Ability: Scrappy -> Parental Bond
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 76 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 20 SpD / 124 Spe
Moves:
  • - Fake Out
    - Sucker Punch
    - Double-Edge
    - Power-Up Punch

Naturally I wanted a Mega on the team and I wanted a Fake Out user and the giant damage that Mega-Kang puts out is crazy. Sucker Punch is the one move that I wish I didn't have to run but I was needing a way to hit ghost pokemon and this does it the best. Kind of natural to have the Return and Power-Up Punch. I choose Power-Up Punch because there are very few Pokemon that die to a OHKO from Low Kick and if I am going to be attacking twice with one poke I would rather the boost to be able to sweep easier.

Bisharp @ Chople Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

Counters weaknesses to Psychic and Rock, you wanted to add this. It is the set I use, so hopefully it works. Bisharp seems to fit well in the metagame because the strength of Intimidate and having the priority STAB sits well with him.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 92 HP / 148 Def / 252 SpA / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fire
[/list]

Hyper Voice is the STAB of choice, Psyshock is to hit special walls and Poison types, Shadow Ball for Ghost types, and Hidden Power Fire is for Ferrothorn. Choice Specs is to hit things hard.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon
[/list]

Counters weakness to fighting, counters M-Gardevoir with Wide Guard/ Flash Cannon. King's Shield: no explanation. Sub for double Protect scouting, you get a free one up.

Swampert @ Assault Vest
Ability: Damp
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 56 Def / 252 SpA / 200 SpD
Moves:
  • - Earth Power
    - Scald
    - Rock Slide
    - Ice Beam

I saw this somewhere and I thought it was a neat idea. The Damp ability isn't very useful but that wasn't the main reason for him. He is a nice tank that can take a hit well and with Assault Vest that just helps lots. The moves are just coverage moves. Rock Slide helps with Talonflame or other pokemon. I have 0 IVs in speed in order to out slow Aegislash and be able to hit it with an Earth Power and do tons of DAMAGE while it is in Blade Forme. (btw you probably saw it with Cybertron).

This is the team as of right now. I was thinking that I wanted another Fake Out user in order to be able to lead with a different pokemon other than Kangaskhan. I think I am in the market for something faster in order to have a quicker Fake Out when the Fake Out wars start. I was thinking of Liepard since you can have a quick Fake Out and if another pokemon used Fake Out on you or a stally move you can priority Encore them or have a priority Taunt.
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
VGC Doubles Team help - by bdsaxophone - Sep 8, 2015, 10:01 PM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by Rogue - Sep 9, 2015, 01:06 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by bdsaxophone - Sep 9, 2015, 11:37 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by hi15361 - Sep 9, 2015, 01:07 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by Aether - Sep 9, 2015, 01:50 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by DanielJames - Sep 9, 2015, 08:07 AM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by MegaGallade475 - Sep 9, 2015, 01:35 PM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by Podfighterninja123 - Sep 9, 2015, 03:12 PM
RE: VGC Doubles Team help - by Marcusube - Sep 9, 2015, 10:33 PM