Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Follow me Blastoise EV spread
(Sep 21, 2015, 11:16 AM)GMX Wrote: If your team relies on Blastoise to KO Heatran, then you can also invest those 44 SpA EVs to get a guaranteed 2HKO with Scald.

Keep in mind that Blastoise is relatively slow and you should not plan on using it to attack unless you are sure it's the best choice. You already put a lot of pressure on opposing Heatran, Lando-T and other Ground and Fire types simply staying on the field thanks to your typing and bulk: there's no way they want to stay in front of Blastoise (same with Suicune or Milotic). Its primary role as Follow Me user should be redirecting any Water, Ice, Fire and Steel type attacks from its partner, which must be able to deal massive damage on your opponent's team in the meantime (dealing with Blastoise's threats if possible).

M-Salamence for example can work really well with Blastoise, since it offers Intimidate support before mega evolving and it can also OHKO any Grass type in the game, while Blastoise can redirect any Ice type attack. You can complete this core with a pokemon that is able to deal with Thundurus (which is a threat to both M-Mence and Blastoise).. and both Terrakion and Tyranitar may fit in this core, thanks to their STAB Rock Slide. Blastoise can redirect any Water, Steel and Fighting type attack from them.

Ah fair, my team does have a few ways to KO (and OHKO) heatran. The team actually does revolve around a M-Mence and T-tar core (I see we think alike), so the redirection is invaluable. Thank you for your advice!

252+ Atk Tyranitar Avalanche vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Thundurus: 180-212 (96.7 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO [Even against a physically bulky Thundurus, old generation Tyranitar still wrecks Thundurus]

Messages In This Thread
Follow me Blastoise EV spread - by Aether - Sep 21, 2015, 08:18 AM
RE: Follow me Blastoise EV spread - by Aether - Sep 21, 2015, 08:30 AM
RE: Follow me Blastoise EV spread - by GiMYz - Sep 21, 2015, 10:19 AM
RE: Follow me Blastoise EV spread - by Aether - Sep 21, 2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Follow me Blastoise EV spread - by GiMYz - Sep 21, 2015, 11:16 AM
RE: Follow me Blastoise EV spread - by Aether - Sep 21, 2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Follow me Blastoise EV spread - by Pokeventurer - Sep 21, 2015, 11:28 AM