Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] A Marshy Rain! Battle Spot Doubles.
Pretty decent rain team. I'm still wondering what those defensive investments do for Swampert and why you're running Rock Slide over Ice Punch.

The Politoed set here is interesting seeing as how people normally run supportive sets. Not sure as to what 116 special attack EVs take out but whatever. Also why not Zoom Lens over Wide Lens and drop Politoed's speed with a negative nature. If opposing weathers become a problem, maybe Rain Dance would make a fit here.

Countering Bisharp with Bisharp does sound tactical but after you launch that Low Kick, if the opponent has answers to your Bisharp, you could of easily just given your opponent momentum in a game. Also, wasn't Choice Band Bisharp the main reason why El Miguel dropped out a tourney? Just asking

Not sure what to say about this Gourgeist to be honest. Accidentally choice yourself into Skill Swap and its gg. To be honest

252+ Atk Gourgeist-Super Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Rotom-W: 116-138 (73.8 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252+ Atk Gourgeist-Super Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 100+ Def Suicune: 96-114 (46.3 - 55%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252+ Atk Gourgeist-Super Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 102-120 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I don't see how this does that well offensively but whatever, its your team

The Skill Swapping Drizzle is a good strat but consider that in most situations, having both Gourgeist and Politoed on the field at the same team massively cuts at your offensive pressure leaving you wide open for an attack.

If you Trick the opponent into Trick Room, they can switch out into something else then come back in later. Usually these mons run offensive moves so if a case comes up where TR ends and for instance you gave Cresselia a choice scarf, it could cost you the game.

Togekiss is meh, really. Not much to say about it

Boomburst hits nearly as hard as Hyper Beam so what gives? Soundproof gives you immunity to Hyper Voice and that immunity only walls out Sylveon. Scrappy seems less situational. It does make Boomburst hit your Gourgeist though.

Yeah, that's all I can say about this team. There's some weird stuff going on here that I don't get to be honest.
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Marshy Rain ! VGC16 - by Delta - Sep 22, 2015, 05:00 PM
RE: A Marshy Rain ! VGC16 - by El Miguel VGC - Sep 22, 2015, 06:46 PM
RE: A Marshy Rain ! VGC16 - by bradar485 - Sep 22, 2015, 07:21 PM
RE: A Marshy Rain ! VGC16 - by Marcusube - Sep 22, 2015, 07:23 PM