Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] I'm freakin' out
So I'm planning on getting to the regionals in Ft. Wayne IN this weekend and I am lost with my team. I've been breeding a lot of guys lately and at some point just ended up with kind of a donkey of a team that isn't working for me.

So I started because I really enjoy running this guy:
[Image: 214-mega.gif]
Heracross@heracronite
Adamant nature
E.V's:252HP, 252ATK, 4SPE
-Protect
-Pin Missile
-Close Combat
-Rock Blast

I just like him. And he's in my comfort zone... Plus he can take some non flying hits and hit like a truck himself. I decided to go with rain support for him since he doesn't like the heat and I figured he needs speed control to really cut a rug.

So next I went for :
[Image: 186.gif]
Politoed@Sitrus Berry
Bold nature
E.V's 68HP, 188DEF, 108SPATK, 4SPE
-Protect
-Helping Hand
-Icy Wind
-Scald

Veterans of this site will recognize this politoed since that's where I decided on my end build. I wanted her to be heavy support and I like the rain. I've never run weather before and I think that as we get further into this you will see how maybe I let the rain cloud my judgement. heheh, get it? Rain cloud? trololololooo...........

Next I went for Poli's go to partner in crime:

[Image: 272.gif]
Ludicolo@assault vest
Timid nature
E.V's: 84DEF, 228SPATK, 140 SPE
-Fake Out
-Giga Drain
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam

So I like ludicolo but just don't know about him. I think my doubts come from lack of expirience. His Speed EV's are to let him outspeed base 105 scarfers in the rain and his attack is to take out assault vest Lando-t with a possible icebeam OHKO. I wonder if I should try using the life orb instead and try the more basic 252 speed/special split.

At this point I wanted taunt on my team and a secondary method of speed control. I haven't been able to get a worthwhile Thundurus to save my life so I chose:
[Image: 641.gif]
Tornadus@Life Orb
Timid Nature
E.V's: 252SPE, 252SPATK, 4HP
-Protect
-Taunt
-Tailwind
-Hurricane

I'm not sure this guy actually has a place here. With hurricane he pretty much needs the rain and so does ludicolo. Plus I don't know if I wanna dedicate 3 slots to the rain but I really wanted taunt to help keep trick room at bay and I like the tailwind option. I'm really open to suggestions here and more or less chose this bro for the swag.

I like weavile plan and simple. And weavile doesn't mind the rain and is a great alt. lead when rain is innapropes so:
[Image: 461.gif]
Weavile@focus Sash
Jolly Nature
E.V's: 252ATK, 252SPE, 4HP
-Fake Out
-Knock Off
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash

Weavile is a favorite lead of mine to back up the main lead of any team. Plus I love that she is adequate at fighting lando and cress. Not that this team has particular issues with them... I just dislike them and enjoy the spiteful vengeance. I wanted to maximize on her attacking power and speed. She out fake outs mooooooost fake out users which is cool.

So then despite previous comments of dislike I thought a solid safe option would be:
[Image: 645-therian.gif]
Landorus-T@Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
E.V's: 252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4HP
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-U-Turn
-Superpower

Not much to say here, he's a safe option. I like his ability and typing to back my bros up. I think He's a solid backup/revengist.

So it just hasn't been working out for me. Please help me with some advice or criticism.... just don't be too mean. I'm freaking out after all. I really think that Tornadus is an issue here and have considered running Whimsicott instead as a prankster that lays down the taunt and tailwind but I think that would be stacking some of his weaknesses with ludicolo and I'm not sure.

Messages In This Thread
I'm freakin' out - by bradar485 - Oct 15, 2015, 02:09 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by Delta - Oct 15, 2015, 02:15 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by bradar485 - Oct 15, 2015, 02:18 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by bradar485 - Oct 15, 2015, 02:20 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by Shachi - Oct 15, 2015, 02:39 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by RebornFX - Oct 15, 2015, 02:46 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by bradar485 - Oct 15, 2015, 02:55 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by Black117 - Oct 15, 2015, 03:13 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by bradar485 - Oct 15, 2015, 03:22 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by macman427 - Oct 15, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: I'm freakin' out - by El Miguel VGC - Oct 15, 2015, 11:27 PM