Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC Regionals Team
(Oct 21, 2015, 09:41 AM)kratos_vgc Wrote:
(Oct 21, 2015, 09:21 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: This is a pretty solid team I gotta say. The only problem I have with it is that it relies a little too much on trick room. Now im not saying that it can only work with trick room, but it would be a struggle against tailwind teams in terms of speed control since chances are that its already going to be slower. I Love Conkeldurr, it is such an underrated pokemon in the current format it and it works so good against CHALK. With Suicune i would suggest running tailwind or icy wind just in case you dont get a chance to set up TR. Also Leftovers would be nice because other than that you have no other ways of recovery and Crocune doesnt really work in the VGC format. Ice Beam is a necessity since Ice is the best type in the format as of now. If youre running Sub on Heatran you must run protect for it to work, if you want to keep flash cannon you must get rid of substitute for protect. I like the Kang spread because I believe that bulk does win VGC and that if you can keep the best Mega out on the field as long as possible then thats gonna work a lot in the long run. Also LO Thundo hasnt been seen in the top of the ladder, but its nice to catch people off guard, but if you want to keep it around I would suggest Sitrus Berry. Hopefully this helps, good luck at regionals Smile

Wow! It's such a great suggestion! I can't believe I haven't even considered the Tailwind option in non-TR mode, in fact this move is what will make the semi-trick room viable. Thank you very much, gonna get rid of the chesto berry and replace Rest for Tailwind. Do you believe that Suicune will be able to stay on the field as much as I'd need him with just the Leftovers recovery? (Since the other 3 moves are really nice and hardly replaceable).

Finally, can I ask you your opinion regarding the situation in which Lando-T and Kangaskhan lead for the opposing team? How would you lead and play turn 1 facing this particular lead or any fake-out + low kick potential strategy? (Such as Liepard/Scarfty/... + M-Kang) Since our Kang will be slower, I fear so much a fake-out into him + a Low kick to OHKO it!

Thanks!!

based on your team right now, Conk Suicine would be the best lead, this puts weakness Pressure on Kang and Ice pressure on Lando T so he is almost guaranteed to switch out at least one of them or be hit for super effective damage. This can be used to set up Tailwind or get a free scald off. Thundurus would also be a good one to lead with to get off a thunder wave and again guarantee a switch the next turn if he chooses to fake out
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug

Messages In This Thread
VGC Regionals Team - by kratos_vgc - Oct 21, 2015, 04:43 AM
RE: VGC Regionals Team - by Slec - Oct 21, 2015, 09:21 AM
RE: VGC Regionals Team - by kratos_vgc - Oct 21, 2015, 09:41 AM
RE: VGC Regionals Team - by Slec - Oct 21, 2015, 07:01 PM
RE: VGC Regionals Team - by AsmodeusInferno - Oct 21, 2015, 09:49 PM