Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] need advice for my next tournament "VGC 2015"
Thanks for the effort, Hildart. +1 Rep Cool

I have taken the liberty of testing this team and reworking it into a way where it would function more effectively in my opinion. I had a lot of fun with this team to be honest and gladly on your part there were little to no flaws.

I have to state that the Aegislash + Raikou lead is pretty solid. It does exactly what you said it does - stop Landorus-T and slow down bulky water types.

Weakness Policy Aegislash is a perfect fit on this team so you have no need to change it. Raikou, however, gave problems where Snarl had little to no impact on the matches it was brought to, mainly due to the presence of Milotic, Heatran or physical attackers. Another problem was with Tailwind. Since your team has no clear way of countering Tailwind, it runs shop easily on this team.

I would like to recommend running Thunder Wave on Raikou as a means of speed control.

Shuca Berry has been very helpful as well. If you aren't feeling Shuca Berry, I strongly recommend running Safety Goggles as matchups with Breloom and Amoonguss were pretty tedious seeing as how you have no way to OHKO or prevent them from using status moves. Also note, HP Ice DOESN'T OHKO Breloom

Bug Buzz is more ideal for Volcarona to deal with Hydreigon who walls out half of your team. The Quiver Set, however, has worked out tremendously. I want to say run Swarm in conjunction with Bug Buzz for crazy damage but Flame Body is more ideal for picking up those clutch burns. It's here or there to be honest

Keep Protect on Kangaskhan. Trust me, a lot of matches I was forced to have Landorus EQ which resulted in Kangaskhan meeting damage rolls ideal for the opponent (basically, RIP Kanga)

Landorus doesn't really do much for this team at all. In a lot of games, it got erased easily by HP Ice. It's offensive presence is questionable as well because Rock Slide hasn't proven useful, Superpower doesn't OHKO Kanga or any other mon I've used it on so far so it turns Landorus into dead weight, extremely hard to find openings to Earthquake because nothing on your team levitates and Knock Off does very little damage. Either change the spread, the moveset along with the item or drop Landorus all together.

Milotic is hard to bring to games but it has shined where it counts. I remember how its Toxic made it possible to take out a Weakness Policy Zapdos, how its Scald picked up a very important burn on Kangaskhan in the same match and how Icy Wind slowed down said Zapdos so that Kangaskhan could get more openings. Milotic does what it needs to get done. My only recommendation is to find a Pokemon that resists or is immune to electric attacks so Milotic has a safe switch into.

My final recommendation is to switch Landorus for Mamoswine.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Protect

I hope this helps you with your team building for the tournament. Best of luck! Smile
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: need advice for my next tournament "VGC 2015" - by Marcusube - Nov 25, 2015, 01:52 PM