Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP!
Well, after playing the meta for one day I've came to the conclusion that it isn't much different from VGC'15. Although Pokemon such as Salamence, Gardevoir and Charizard have dropped in usage, the new variation of CHALK (P-Groudon over Heatran and Xerneas in place of either Landorus-T or Amoonguss) is what I saw mostly on the Showdown VGC 2016 ladder.

The mere fact that the meta has already been established before 2016 is pretty discouraging especially because not many formations can take on Groudon/Kang/Xerneas cores.

All the Kang counters from VGC'15 have basically become obsolete. The stallions are extremely non viable this year and Suicune pretty much has no more use. The genies, Zapdos, Cresselia, Entei and Raikou are still being used on a decent frequency.

All I'm saying is, this metagame is going to be challenging in terms of getting any enjoyment out of it seeing as how all teams will be forced to run a Primal, Rayquaza or a check to the two. Good job Gamefreak. You totally made VGC LESS RESTRICTIVE
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP! - by JozyD - Dec 9, 2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP! - by Slec - Dec 9, 2015, 11:42 AM
RE: Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP! - by GiMYz - Dec 9, 2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP! - by Apo - Dec 9, 2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP! - by GiMYz - Dec 9, 2015, 08:37 PM
RE: Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP! - by Marcusube - Dec 12, 2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP! - by jouzea - Dec 13, 2015, 07:18 AM