Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Is it Finally Good Enough for VGC DB?
After numerous attempts at making a successful team, I have been running into tons upon tons of errors and mistakes. Of course, mistakes would be what is required to truly gain great success. @Marcusube @DanielJames @'Sir Absol' this is for you guys, cause you REALLY didn't like my last set up. Which is totally fine, I need all the comments and constructive criticism/critique (positive comments in order to help improve) I can get to make this team amazing! I finally got rid of Gliscor... Le sigh... My newest build and setup is looking a bit like this... All these pokemon have perfect IVs. This is for VGC Double Battles.

Pokemon: Aegislash
Ability: Stance Change (Duh)
Nature: Impish
Held Item: Weakness Policy
EV Spread: 252 Attack, 126 Defense, 126 SpDef
Moveset: Sacred Sword - King's Shield - Iron Head - Shadow Claw

Aegislash is a fantastic pokemon that is very well rounded considering it can change its battling style at literally any time. The moveset is wonderful. Any thoughts?

Pokemon: Cradily
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Bold
Held Item: Leftovers
EV Spread: 252 SpAtk, 126 Def, 126 SpDef
Moveset: Earth Power - Stockpile - Giga Drain - Sludge Bomb

Honestly, I love this Cradily. It builds up a huge wall on itself with stockpile x3. Then with leftovers, I automatically heal every turn. Storm Drain is nice to take water type attacks for other pokemon who can't handle it such as Talonflame. Energy Ball is good for getting a reliable heal when I need it, and Sludge Bomb is a very good attack with the ability to Poison the target.

Pokemon: Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Adamant
Held Item: Life Orb
EV Spread: 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Moveset: Brave Bird - Flare Blitz - Roost - UTurn

When I got pokemon Y, my first pokemon I caught was a Fletchling. I saw it and fell in love with it. It was one of my main pokemon through out the whole game. I decided to put it on my competitive team. The life orb is there to boost attack power. Gale wings gives priority to Brave Bird and Roost. Roost is important in this build considering the fact that the life orb will slowly leech away at my health. UTurn is good to get Talonflame out of a risky situation.

Pokemon: Azumaril
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adamant
Held Item: ???
EV Spread: 252 HP, 252 Atk
Moveset: Aqua Jet - Protect - Play Rough - Knockoff

Azumarill also takes out opposing Lando-Ts easily with waterfall while play rough can help deal some nice damage as it provides good power and coverage. Aqua jet is there to finish of some pokemon that are left with a little bit of HP. Would protect be necessary? Right now it is holding bright powder. What would be a better option?

Pokemon: Clefable
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Bold
Held Item: ???
EV Spread: 252 Def, 252 SpDef
Moveset: Follow Me - Moonlight - Cosmic Power - Stored Power

This Clefable is basically the biggest stall I have, and one of the bulkiest pokemon on my team besides Cradily. I build up cosmic power to boost both of my defenses to the limit to the point where I can easily take good use of Follow Me by taking hits very well. Moonlight is for the HP restore when needed, then with Stored Power... Stored Power has a base attack stat of 20. It goes up every time I boost a stat. If I max out my Cosmic Power, that will mean 20x14, which gives us a whopping 280 base damage on stored power. Beyond comprehension.

Pokemon: Ampharos
Ability: Static (Mold Breaker)
Nature: Modest
Held Item: Mega Stone
EV Spread: 252 SpAtk, 126 HP, 126 Def
Moveset: Thunderbolt - Dragon Pulse - Rest - Sleep Talk
(I really want to have power gem somewhere in his moveset to have that rock type attack on my team)

I have always loved Ampharos. Despite his terrible speed, his other amazing stats make up for it. His Mega Evolution totally blows me away with amazing special attack and very nice defenses to boost. The added dragon typing may cause an issue with Fairy types, but that is a risk I must take. Its secondary dragon typing will help me check mons such as Talonflame, Rotom, and Charizard X. I love the setup, I just need a rock type attack somewhere on my team. I need help setting up a proper Ampharos. I don't know what to build it in; Special attack or defense. Then as for the Nature, it is currently benefiting his Special Attack. If it was bold it would be benefiting his Defense. Should I have protect on Ampharos?

Overall, this team doesn't seem too shabby. It has its kinks and issues, but all will be fixed in the end. I need some help with Ampharos and setting him up for success. But anyways, thanks for your time! All constructive criticism/critique (positive comments in order to help improve) is accepted!  Smile

Messages In This Thread
Is it Finally Good Enough for VGC DB? - by Tanner Harig - Feb 9, 2016, 09:08 PM
RE: Is it Finally Good Enough for VGC DB? - by Absol - Feb 10, 2016, 02:36 PM